Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lear to build plant, invest $5 million in projects in Detroit

http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...cts-in-Detroit

Sounds like great news for jobs and recreation in the city!

Hopefully, the people who will benefit by the improvements in their parks will protect it from the inevitable vandals who will descend upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Hopefully, the people who will benefit by the improvements in their parks will protect it from the inevitable vandals who will descend upon it.
    You know, I'm not going to say whether I agree or disagree with your point here, but couldn't you just let people be happy that someone is bringing something to the city for just a LITTLE while before you jump in with the cheerful viewpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You know, I'm not going to say whether I agree or disagree with your point here, but couldn't you just let people be happy that someone is bringing something to the city for just a LITTLE while before you jump in with the cheerful viewpoint?
    Cheerful = realistic.

How many millions are they getting in state and city tax breaks?

We've seen what happened to the baseball fields that Jack White helped fund in southwest Detroit. Why not challenge the residents to protect their communities assets with citizen patrols? Is that asking too much?

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    We've seen what happened to the baseball fields that Jack White helped fund in southwest Detroit. Why not challenge the residents to protect their communities assets with citizen patrols? Is that asking too much?
    We've seen what happened to Clark Park after the neighborhood banded together to improve it. It looks awesome.

Many neighborhoods in Detroit already have neighborhood patrols. I was on one for years.

I have never heard of the large auto plants in the city experiencing problems with vandals. Vandalizing Jefferson North or Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly or American Axle seems daunting, and largely pointless. Maybe you could share a link as an example? Oh, yeah, I didn't think so.

You really aren't from Detroit, it is clear by your total ignorance of the city.

This is fantastic news from Lear.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlivingstonseagull View Post
    Cheerful = realistic.
    Yes! Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melocoton View Post
    How many millions are they getting in state and city tax breaks?
    Now we're getting to the core of the matter.