Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: hansen clark

Default hansen clark

Now that Hansen Clarke won the democratic primary what republican candidate does he run against in november for the seat?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Now that Hansen Clarke won the democratic primary what republican candidate does he run against in november for the seat?
    Does it matter? [[laughing while trying to keep a straight face) Mr. Clarke is going to Washington though I admit I would find it funny as hell if the Republican candidate gets an endorsement from Sarah Palin and Tea Baggers storm the city in support. We need a laugh.

This is from the Freep: The winner will face Republican John Hauler of Grosse Pointe and Green Party candidate George Corsetti of Detroit in the overwhelmingly Democratic district.

This was an upset not unlike when Jerry Cavanaugh beat Louis Mariani [[sp?)
    back in the early 60's.
    Why hasn't any bio been done on Jerry anyways?

Hanson Clark will get this election in the bag. He's a smart working pro-social progessive reformer will execellent political skills. He fights like an urban rebel.

In the meantime Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick has lost the primary due to controversy surround her 'Yall's Boy' son KING KWAME who is now in federal prison awaiting court hearing for 19 counts of embezzlement from his civic fund. Then adding more political scars from the alleged Manoogian Mansion stipper party, the firing of Detroit Police Cheif Gary Brown and his deputy, using city money to buy a Lincoln Navigator for his wife, commited perjury when he claims he didn't have sexual relationship with Christine Beatty during the whistleblower case after the text messages were released in public. KING KWAME resigned as Mayor of Detroit by signing a plea deal by pay million dollars in resitution and get 120 days imprisonment. KING KWAME failed to come up with payment arrangements which led him back in jail for 1 and a half years. If Kwame found guilty of fraud will would get up to 20 years in prison.

When you political reputation is on the line stay squeaky clean as possible.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Last edited by Danny; August-05-10 at 08:50 AM.

Wait until Mr Clarke gets to DC. Mrs. Pelosi and her corrupt friends will perform their "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" routine.

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Wait until Mr Clarke gets to DC. Mrs. Pelosi and her corrupt friends will perform their "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" routine.
    ^^^^Where is the big "rolling my eyes" emoticon?

Clark is a very smart politician and for once I believe that a Detroit politician will be loyal to his constituents when he gets to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Washington works on the principle of "Play ball with us or sit in the stands and look foolish and ineffectual to your folks back home". If he rocks the boat, no bit of legislation he writes will see the light of day, no matter how important it is. I do wish him luck, he will need it.

I think Hansen is one of the more honorable politicians to represent that district in over 20 years. Remember, before Mama Kwame the seat was held by the less than desirable B.R. Collins who showed up for less than half of her votes.

Good luck Mr. Clarke, do Detroit proud.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Washington works on the principle of "Play ball with us or sit in the stands and look foolish and ineffectual to your folks back home". If he rocks the boat, no bit of legislation he writes will see the light of day, no matter how important it is. I do wish him luck, he will need it.
    glad to see you expect nothing from your government except more corruption!

I dont know a thing about his voting record or what he has helped accomplish, but when I met him at the International something or other cant recall, on Kirby, he was came across as an extremely affable amicable type of person. Friendly open and down to earth.

i've written him a letter. I hope he gets to read it. if he wins, he needs to be resolute in his decisions for the district.

this may be off topic [[sort of) but I always felt Hansen Clarke would be a good mayor for Detroit. I knew he ran in 2005 and lost in the primary probably for lack of name recognition. With the city council going to districts do anyone feel that he should/would run for city council ?

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppa View Post
    . . . With the city council going to districts do anyone feel that he should/would run for city council ?
    Huh? He already has a much better job. He will be elected to the US congress in 3 months. He will probably be there for many years. City council would be a huge step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    glad to see you expect nothing from your government except more corruption!
    All I expect is to get my tax money's worth. I have always hoped for the best, but for the most part have not received it.

I saw Hansen Clark on Tv for the first time yesterday and he does not impress me. But hey, better him in office than Mama Cheeks

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I saw Hansen Clark on Tv for the first time yesterday and he does not impress me. But hey, better him in office than Mama Cheeks
    What would it take for him to impress you ?

Meet with him in person, you will be even less impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambling Man View Post
    Meet with him in person, you will be even less impressed.
    I'm not sure why you say this. I've met him in person, and I found him to be friendly and articulate.

cornell grad in painting, georgetown university law school, ... all from being raised by a single mother and orphaned at age 19 ...

exactly what does it take to impress you?

Hansen is not a slickster; ernest, hardworking and humble, yes. Not bad traits to me, especially after years of bombast over substance. Rethoric over reform and waving the flags of victimhood and manning the baricades to protect a family kelptocracy.