Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Election Results

I can't find any early results/exit polls online and I'm fiending to know if we will finally be rid of Kilpatrick. I also want to know if it'll be Snyder vs. Bernero. As early results/exit polls come in we'll post them here and hopefully the official election results with commentary can be posted here as well.

Gooooooooooo Hansen!

I just saw Hoekstra with 50% of the vote. Unbelievable!!!

Where did you see that at? I just saw Snyder and Bernero in the lead on Channel 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Where did you see that at? I just saw Snyder and Bernero in the lead on Channel 4.
    I saw it on the freep & Detroit news websites.

WWJ is saying Bernero's got it, and Snyder is doing well. Nothing about Hoekstra yet. Of course if they are just going by the Detroit area, that leaves out a whole lot of Michigan.

So far, looking pretty good...

Governor - GOP Primary August 03, 2010 - 08:58PM ET Michigan - 399 of 5732 Precincts Reporting - 7%
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    Snyder , Rick GOP 29,245 35%
    Hoekstra , Pete GOP 23,261 28%
    Cox , Mike GOP 21,841 26%
    Bouchard , Mike GOP 7,321 9%
    George , Tom GOP 1,473 2% Governor - Dem Primary August 03, 2010 - 08:58PM ET Michigan - 399 of 5732 Precincts Reporting - 7%
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    Bernero , Virg Dem 16,751 59%
    Dillon , Andy Dem 11,640 41% U.S. House - District 13 - Dem Primary August 03, 2010 - 08:58PM ET Eastern Wayne Michigan - 1 of 615 Precincts Reporting - 0%
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    Clarke , Hansen Dem 72 43%
    Cheeks Kilpatrick , Carolyn [[i) Dem 28 17%
    Broad , John Dem 24 14%
    Plummer , Glenn Dem 22 13%
    Hume , Stephen Dem 14 8%
    Brown , Vincent Dem 6 4%

On the Detroit News homepage, there is updated results every so often. That's what I'm looking at

I hope Cheeks-Kilpatrick goes DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    I hope this stays this way. That whole Kilpatrick family needs humbling.

According to Detroit News Virg Bernero Won democratic nominee

Nothing better than to see that scum bag Cox go down badly.

Name Party Votes Vote %
    '...In related news 17% of the 13th district was bribed....'

According to WXYZ and the free press Snyder has won the GOP nomination

The latest I heard was it is Snyder vs. Bernero .

Clarke beat Kilpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    Clarke beat Kilpatrick.
    Best news I've had in a long while.

Clarke beat Kilpatrick.

So, there IS intelligent life on Earth after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Clarke beat Kilpatrick.

So, there IS intelligent life on Earth after all!
    The results so far are mostly from outside of Detroit since
    the city is incapable of reporting before midnight. It could still flip.
    I hope not though.

DAMN! After the fall of one political family, there is the return of another corrupt political family. Coleman Young Jr. won his primary for State Senate. In about 8 years we will be back to square one with another worthless slug as mayor.

Snyder vs. Bernero

The next Guv will be?

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Snyder vs. Bernero

The next Guv will be?
    The next governor will be Rick Snyder because he is not wearing the conservative badge that Mike Cox and Pete Hoekstra was proudly displaying. Snyder can get Independent and Democrats votes just like he got today. Snyder is trying to be the next William Milliken.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    DAMN! After the fall of one political family, there is the return of another corrupt political family. Coleman Young Jr. won his primary for State Senate. In about 8 years we will be back to square one with another worthless slug as mayor.
    If this happens I will be surprised.

I know a number of people who were casting 'spoiler' votes, so Snyder's numbers might be somewhat inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I know a number of people who were casting 'spoiler' votes, so Snyder's numbers might be somewhat inflated.
    Could you explain what do you mean by spoiler votes?

Ravine Guest

I'm OK with Clarke getting a shot, but I'm not OK with "holding Kwame against" CCK.
    I realize that she can be pretty hard to take, herself, but I believe that the tree from which the apple fell was Bernard, not Carolyn.

With all of the corruption in Kwame's administration, there is NO WAY CCK stayed squeaky clean! Even if she wasn't directly involved, she had to know her son's administration was corrupt, and she still supported him. She even raised tens of thousands of dollars for his legal defense fund. I would bet that she would still claim he didn't do anything wrong enough to go to jail... On one hand, that is understandable as a mother... on the other hand, it is unforgivable for a politician to just look the other way, even if it is family.

Even on the extremely unlikely chance that she didn't know anything and had NOTHING to do with ANY of the corruption in Kwame's administration, why take the chance? It's not like she's done anything so great for Detroit or the rest of her district. She's not entitled to that seat just because she's the incumbent! Hansen Clarke is the better candidate and deserved to win regardless of all of the Kwame bullshit. When you add that doubt on top, she should get blown away [[which is what appears will happen in the end).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast