Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Next Culinary Wave

Insects! Eat a bug and save the biosphere.lol

http://www.sergetheconcierge.com/201...s-in-july.html

There used to be a chocolate shop in Detroit that sold chocolate covered ants, grasshoppers and, I think, crickets. My dad used to eat them. I can't recall the name of the place. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

They sold those things out East where I grew up too. I tried a chocolate-covered ant out of curiosity, and I didn't notice any difference from a pure chocolate candy. I didn't want to try the grasshoppers and caterpillars; I thought I might actually taste something not chocolate. Andrew Zimmer of "Bizarre Foods" says that tarantulas taste like crab. A chef from London's Archipelago was interviewed this morning about eating insects. He said the worst problem was the occasional leg between your teeth. I could eat insects that had been baked or fried so they were crunchy. Soft and squooshy larvae would be less enticing for me.

Rode a Harley for six years. Had my share.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Rode a Harley for six years. Had my share.
    Yeah, but they weren't chocolate covered.

Actually we are eating bugs.Ninety percent of all process food have 'Carmel Color'. It means assorted bugs. We are also eating 48% of poisonous bugs like E-coli, Colera, Steptococci, Listeria and Human intestinal processed fecal matter.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

"What do think is in the burgers?" quoted the kids from the 1980s Nickelodeon childrens' T.V. comedy show You can't do that on Television.

Neda eats food according Islamic beliefs as in 'Halal'.

Save a bug, just eat pure Chocolate.

gdogslim Guest

Venison, yummy.
    I belong to PETA, [[people eating tasty animals.)

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    venison, yummy.
    I belong to peta, [[people eating tasty animals.)
    wow where did you come up with that? That is so hilarious and original. I have never heard that one before lololol