Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Lets have fun .Post some pics.!!

Thought this might be fun if we post of pics. we have of our area and share with everyone. I'll start with the ice storm back in Feb. of 2009. Electric was out for 10 days...Hope you all enjoy..

Attachment 7052

Attachment 7053

Attachment 7054

Attachment 7055

Attachment 7058

Attachment 7056

Attachment 7057

Hey, I can match that. Here's a rare snowfall in suburban Las Vegas in my subdivison from 2008. Cooling to look at compared to today's high of 105 F.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Hey, I can match that. Here's a rare snowfall in suburban Las Vegas in my subdivison from 2008. Cooling to look at compared to today's high of 105 F.

Your subdivision looks like some sort of military camp in that picture.

55+ community, Johnlodge. Us old guys are disciplined. Don't come down that road with any foolishness in mind.

55+ community.
    Sounds like age discrimination to me.

Pictures of an exhibition day on Leeuwarden Airbase, the Netherlands in 2006. I shot these myself.

The display F16 of the Dutch airforce. It is presently painted orange.

Great formation of the diplay F16, and two second worldwar birds, a Dutch registered Spitfire and a B24 bomber, also Dutch registration.

Some guests from Pensacola Airbase.

Nice trick!

I didn't realize the Dutch had an airforce.

Really great pics guys! Here's a few from my apartment overlooking Chicago's Near North neighborhood

The new 6 story Barney's Department Store. Opened 2009

Left: Elysian Tower, completed 2010, 60 floors
    Center: 10 East Delaware [[just behind Elysian), completed 2010, 35 floors
    Right: Walton on the Park South Tower, completed 2010, 39 floors
    Not in existence. Walton on the Park North Tower, beginning soon

Looking down Wabash. You can see downtown n the distance

View from the office. Due to the building's narrow floorplates, we all have windows at our desks.

When the blackhawks won, our office threw a party the day of the celebration. The views above Michigan Ave were incredible

Girl with dragon in Taiwan ice cream restaurant.

Ravine Guest

That's a terrific picture of a beautiful girl, oladub.

Man in tin foil covered helmet in downtown Royal Oak.

Our big ice storm in 2002 - entrance to Addison Oaks, Oakland county park. It looked like a bomb blast went off.

Attachment 7073

Ndamakan Suh arrives at training camp flanked by his newest private security team.

[[hey! when I made this post yesterday, the picture was taken from DETNEWS and showed Suh, flanked by two little girls. Each time I have revisited this thread, the picture changes. ??? As I'm editing this the photo is a close up of Suh, weird.)
    Last edited by gnome; August-05-10 at 04:33 AM. Reason: poltergeist

I was screwin' around with some old family photos today when I came across this "then and now" set of photos. First, here's my late aunt, Dorothy Downing Egnell [[she was a wonderful aunt!) in 1924 at the family home on the southwest corner of Virginia Park and Merrill.
    Following that is a closeup Google Maps view of the same house. Amazing that the cement flower pot hasn't moved an inch in all these years! [[I put the Google view in greyscale for a better comparison.)

Now that is wild!

You should post the original at Shorpy!

One of the forumers posted this one last winter [[sorry to take your image)....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    You should post the original at Shorpy!
    Did, in the member gallery. GMTA.

[[Great Minds Think Alike.)

Default Great pics!!!!!

Love lookin at what you all seen....Today is a place just outside of Gettysburg Pa. I went to visit a few years ago. It was passed to a family to a only Daughter and it became a historical landmark in Pa. She and her husband put alot of money in it and it is a beautiful place...
    The Round Barn..........

Attachment 7088

Road leading there...

Attachment 7089

Attachment 7090

It dont look big till you go inside...

Attachment 7091

Second floor...Wow....What they did so many years ago to build this...

Attachment 7092

Bottom floor and gift shop...Such a neat place to see and all the crafts they have of the artist from Pa...I enjoyed that day......

Attachment 7093

Truly unique, stipes! Do you have any idea when the barn was built?

Here's a picture I took.

Let's make it trivia: you tell me what it is. Hint: I didn't have to go very far.

Default I just called them cause I forgot...

Truly unique, stipes! Do you have any idea when the barn was built?
    The lady said 1914, 96 years old....

Default This is so freeking neat...

I was screwin' around with some old family photos today when I came across this "then and now" set of photos. First, here's my late aunt, Dorothy Downing Egnell [[she was a wonderful aunt!) in 1924 at the family home on the southwest corner of Virginia Park and Merrill.
    Following that is a closeup Google Maps view of the same house. Amazing that the cement flower pot hasn't moved an inch in all these years! [[I put the Google view in greyscale for a better comparison.)
    What blows my mind is the home is still there,,but with the cement flower pot,,,awesome!!!!! Thanks Ray!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Here's a picture I took.

Let's make it trivia: you tell me what it is. Hint: I didn't have to go very far.
    Ship engine, Greenfield Village

After I submitted the picture of the Taiwanese girl and her dragon, I remembered that my son had taken a picture of a girl and her puppy in Shanghai a few years ago. This isn't the face of Communist China as sometimes portrayed. Notice even the workmanship that went into the sidewalk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast