Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

civicfund Guest

Default Another DPD Executive slept with his Lts. So What?

Who is Melvin Turner and why is he wearing a Detroit Police Badge?

Do you think Police Officers must have the trust and respect of the community to effective protect the community? Does it matter who they sleep with off the job?

Just like Warren Evans, while Melvin Tuner was the 2nd in command at the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department, he notoriously dated a female Lieutenant [[Pam McClain) who he directly supervised, and promoted another of his girlfriends to the rank of Commander Rose Fodera.

Melvin Turner was fired from 4 different police departments.

He was fired from his $185,000 per year job as Undersheriff of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department after he beat up his baby momma, but not right away, because who cares if cops beat up their baby mommas. He was fired only after being convicted of domestic violence and had his police powers taken away.

Next he took a job as police chief in Highland Park, Melvin came in and broke the backs of the Police Union and helped the city to go bankrupt. The police department was dissolved.

Next he convinced the Emergency Financial Manager in Hamtramck, however the Hamtramck Cops disliked Melvin Turner and filed complaints and whistleblower lawsuits against him. The Emergency Financial Manager investigated the complaints and decided to fire Melvin Turner.

Then he arrived in Sumpter Township as Chief of Police. He pissed off everyone there from the city dog catcher to the Township Supervisor. Seem Melvin thought the Township should provide him with his personal police car to take home. He was fired at one year.

Then Melvin applied for every open police chief job in the State of Michigan and the State of Texas. When Clinton Township told him to hit the brick and that he was a four time looser, the filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against them claiming they would not make him Chief of Police because he was a dark black guy.

Melvin Turner lead the State Police on a high speed chase down the lodge freeway.

Melvin Turner was told that he was barred from testifying against drug dealers because many of the Circuit Court judges found him to be habitually untruthful witness. [[a liar)

Melvin Tuner has several complaints filed against him by drug dealers stating that he had unlawfully taken their gold jewelry for his own personal use. Melvin Turner had a retail store were he sold second hard goods and allegedly a lot a stolen merchandise.

Melvin Turner threatened to shoot and kill Wayne County’s Personnel Director when she told him politely it was not appropriate for him to attempt to kiss her and other females on the cheek at the start of a meeting. She advised Melvin that a hand shake was proper for the workplace.

Melvin Turner was sued for sexual harassment by one of his female subordinates.

Warren Evans hired Melvin Turner to be Deputy Chief of Police in Detroit.

Mayor Bing and his new broom is sweeping clean. Perhaps its time to sweep Mel Turner right out the door.

Do you think Mr. Turner should continue to earn $157,000 as a Deputy Chief of Police and wear a DPD uniform? Or at 68 years of age is it time for this playboy to retire?

Interesting story. So, what's your point?

I remember when he worked for Hamtramck. Wow. What a history of abuse!

Wow, what a record. How does he do it? He reminds me of a bygone Portuguese politician who earned the nickname "The Cork", because every time he got knocked down from some position or office he seemed to magically pop back up on the scene.

Take a guess who Mel's partner was when the drug dealers were being robbed....................Hint: He just left DPD.

He's OUT OF CONTROL!Off the deep end/slamming into a rampage/stealin stolen goods/ robbing robbin hoods/feelin up honeys/makin mad money/

Sigh. There once was a time 25 years ago when I was quite proud to say I was a retired Detroit Police Officer.

Today I just say I'm retired period when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sigh. There once was a time 25 years ago when I was quite proud to say I was a retired Detroit Police Officer.

Today I just say I'm retired period when asked.
    Ray, I've heard that same sad expression from many retired DPD officers. I guess there are truly those who spoil the apple cart...seems its happening more and more these days. Ethics and morals have been replaced with pocket lining and corruption. For what it's worth....thanks for your years of service.

According to this article in today's Macomb Daily, Melvin Turner is one of 16 people who have applied to fill the vacancy that will be created when Sheriff Mark Hackel becomes the new Macomb County Executive on January 1st.

From the article:
    ..........By law, the upcoming vacancy will be filled by Chief Probate Judge Mark Switalski, Clerk Carmella Sabaugh and Prosecutor Eric Smith. They will meet Wednesday to determine which candidates will be granted an interview.

The applications obtained by The Macomb Daily offer no ages for the candidates, but they do provide multi-page resumes and detailed answers to numerous questions about issues facing the Sheriff’s Office, particularly budget matters and upgrades for the jail.

The applicants [include]:

Melvin Turner of Chesterfield Township, the second deputy chief of the Detroit Police Department. Turner has previously served as the police chief of Sumpter Township, the public safety director for Hamtramck and for Highland Park before that, and as the Wayne County undersheriff.

Heaven help us all if this is what applies for an important police executive job.
    Reminds me of Chief Hart in Detroit and his ceiling full of money.
    Some of these guys need a stake through the heart or a jail sentence to keep them from popping up all the time.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    Ray, I've heard that same sad expression from many retired DPD officers. I guess there are truly those who spoil the apple cart...seems its happening more and more these days. Ethics and morals have been replaced with pocket lining and corruption. For what it's worth....thanks for your years of service.
    Amen.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Wow, what a record. How does he do it? He reminds me of a bygone Portuguese politician who earned the nickname "The Cork", because every time he got knocked down from some position or office he seemed to magically pop back up on the scene.
    Yeah, with a nickname like that, no need to add teflon to it eh?

Fucking WOW.

Mayor Bing...please prove you're able to man-up and get rid of the bozos in the employ of the city of Detroit. If that group includes YOU, please be last, at least you're not directly costing us much.

Does this taint Godbee's armor any?

So why does Mayor Bing turn a blind eye to these
    corruption charges, firings, sexual harassment continuings??????
    And his retaining of other KK appointments???
    As Mr. Hall used to say,"Things that make you go HMMMM!!!!"
    Way to go, Mr. 'One Term Mayor'.

Oh, darn it Ray. there is still plenty of good officers left in this city, county and state. Please don't be embarassed by those bad eggs. Need to mention too, that our firefighters are among the best. Walk tall, walk proud!

I agree. Ray, you have a lot to be proud of.

Yeah, you have a ton of stuff to be proud of Ray! I just visited your website, too. Awesome ton of work on your part.

Stromberg2