Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default AP gets H. Thomas's seat

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ap-ge...-to-front-row/

The idea that NPR is taking a backseat to Fox disgusts me.

yes sir itis wrong

They seem to be awarding position based on longevity in the news scene. One might speculate that Fox was, at the time they got their original spot, actually a news organization. So now they continue to move up, based upon some kind of seniority system. If we look at all the people in the front row, how many work for entertainment networks rather than news networks?

I had no problems with the seating changes. They seemed to be fairly determined by listener or viewerships. I tend to listen to NPR more than the others and was glad to see it's ascent. For everyone grousing about Fox, consider that the conservative Washington Times was moved back a row thereby offsetting the Fox move. I consider AP reporting to be vapidly status quo but, by the numbers, AP probably deserved first row seating.