Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: Who has a better mastery of the English language?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny

9 56.25%
  • Palin

4 25.00%
  • Other

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Danny vs. Palin

Default Danny vs. Palin

Lowell, this is all in good fun, not meant to antagonize or make fun of anyone. If you deem it inappropriate, please delete.

Who has a better mastery over the English language. Both Danny and Palin have interesting ways that they string their words along that tickle me. I would never think to use words in the way that these guys use them. I don't have any specific examples off hand but if you ever read a Danny post or heard a Palin interview, you know what I'm talking about.

Danny is more like a Glenn Beck, so he's on a completely different level than Sarah Palin.

LodgeDodger Guest

This is NOT in good fun. Remove this thread, NOW!

Maybe the thread will go away if I type the magic words: hot fudgedetroit or ........ .com

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    This is NOT in good fun. Remove this thread, NOW!
    Agreed. I find this thread to be in very poor taste.

I guess I'm not in on the joke or whatever it is. Why is it in poor taste?

This thread must be what it's like riding on a train and discovering there's no engineer.

Stosh Guest

Well, just for the record, I feel that Danny has more intelligent things to say than Sarah ever thought of. So, while you feel that this thread is somehow making fun of Danny, I'm thinking that it's not a big deal to him. If it is, I'd think he should PM Lowell and say so.

BTW Danny, the woman that they said was Neda is in fact alive and well and living somewhere else. It was a different woman that was killed that day. The story is here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/wo...er=rss&emc=rss

Actually, you know what sounds like Palin? This piece of tripe:

"On a serious note though, I take politics with a grain of salt though. It's like football. No play that the visiting team runs will make the home team submit. The home team will just have to adjust their game. The goal for the home team will always be victory, which by extension means defeat for the visitors. No matter how successful the visiting team is the goal of the home team doesn't change. In other words, Dems will always want to win elections over Reps and vice versa, so they will always paint the moves of the opponent in a negative light. Even when those moves are the same exact moves they have performed themselves. That's just the nature of the political animal."

A whole paragraph that says nothing. Sounds just like the Katie Couric interview.

Danny is much more interesting. He provides facts, opinions that get people talking, and humor. He doesn't just babble or ask a bunch of stupid questions.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Actually, you know what sounds like Palin? This piece of tripe:

"On a serious note though, I take politics with a grain of salt though. It's like football. No play that the visiting team runs will make the home team submit. The home team will just have to adjust their game. The goal for the home team will always be victory, which by extension means defeat for the visitors. No matter how successful the visiting team is the goal of the home team doesn't change. In other words, Dems will always want to win elections over Reps and vice versa, so they will always paint the moves of the opponent in a negative light. Even when those moves are the same exact moves they have performed themselves. That's just the nature of the political animal."

A whole paragraph that says nothing. Sounds just like the Katie Couric interview.

Danny is much more interesting. He provides facts, opinions that get people talking, and humor. He doesn't just babble or ask a bunch of stupid questions.
    And exactly what did you fail to understand about what I said there?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    And exactly what did you fail to understand about what I said there?
    Why it took a paragraph to say 5 words. Palin does the same thing. Circular commentary or argument that goes on for minutes and communicates a 5 second thought. Multiply that time spent by all the people reading... not good.

Why it took a paragraph to say 5 words. Palin does the same thing. Circular commentary or argument that goes on for minutes and communicates a 5 second thought. Multiply that time spent by all the people reading... not good.
    It's because I used an example to convey the thought. But I'll accept your criticism.

"This is all in good fun, not meant to antagonize or make fun of anyone."

"This is all in good fun, not meant to antagonize or make fun of anyone."
    ???

I'm not feeling antagonized. You had a criticism and I feel it had some validity. Oh well...

LodgeDodger Guest

Lowell, if this thread is your idea of an "art project", then you can keep your idea of art. Fuck you.

And for the rest of you who didn't have guts to come to Danny's defense, you can fuck off, too.

Seems like I heard that posting a thread criticizing a fellow forumer is a no no. Hang in there Danny, I like your posts.

I'll say the magic words to make this thread disappear. "YOU BETCHA".

crumbled p... looks like you really stepped in it, big time. I have no understanding of what you were trying to achieve. I could guess, but the end result is you come off looking pretty small in a bully sort of way.

all of which makes no sense. Your usual posts aren't like that... where you drunk or something? I can't believe it.

Ravine Guest

I have to lead off my post by being honest: Danny drives me nuts, sometimes. I frequently have a WTF? reaction to his posts.

However, Danny already had my respect for one reason: I have never known his posts to be malicious or personally insulting. The same cannot be said of me.

Further, my respect for Danny has been turbo-charged by the fact that he has posted no response, whatsoever, to this flea-infested opossum of a thread.

Crumbled_pavement.... I'm sending you an "informative" private message that will make you wish that you never started this thread.

Lodgedodger... WTF??? Lowell doesn't have the time to read [[or police) every thread here... and he's said so in the past. If you find a thread offensive... then EMAIL him privately, rather than insult him publicly.

Yes this thread is in very poor taste and should be deleted.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-02-10 at 02:02 PM.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Crumbled_pavement.... I'm sending you an "informative" private message that will make you wish that you never started this thread.

Lodgedodger... WTF??? Lowell doesn't have the time to read [[or police) every thread here... and he's said so in the past. If you find a thread offensive... then EMAIL him privately, rather than insult him publicly.

Yes this thread is in very poor taste and should be deleted.
    I didn't insult Lowell. Not one bit. I did make my feelings known, however. And someone should be policing these threads if this shit is going to happen. You can't pick and choose censorship.

The one reason I liked this site was due to family-like nature of this group. I waited after posting my original "tear this schitt down" entry. I wanted to see how many of our "family" would defend Danny. Only a couple of folks, but there were almost 300 thread views. Was everyone afraid to make Lowell angry by defending Danny? If he bans me, I won't like it one bit, but so be it.

As much as the folks who contribute to this forum bitch about the meanness of the other place, the folks over there are at least more honest and forth-right. You might get your ass handed to you, but at least feelings are made known, no one is walking around on egg-shells afraid to tick off the moderator.

Is this the way we treat one of our own?
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; August-02-10 at 03:18 PM.

And someone should be policing these threads if this shit is going to happen. You can't pick and choose censorship.
    Hit the report post button to bring something to the attention of the moderator.

I wanted to see how many of our "family" would defend Danny.
    But what about poor Sarah?

Danny could outthink Palin with one brain tied behind his back! LOL!

I wanted to see how many of our "family" would defend Danny.Only a couple of folks, but there were almost 300 thread views.
    Danny's a big boy, I'm sure he can take care of himself.

There's been enough posts here to let Crumbled_pavement know he was out of line. WTF more do you want? Relax, LD, I'm sure Danny's okay.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    However, Danny already had my respect for one reason: I have never known his posts to be malicious or personally insulting.
    What about the times Danny has expressed his disdain for jews, gays, and Livonia? I don't have a dog in this fight, so I'm not picking sides, but lets be honest here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast