Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Robin Hood Grill / Snow White

Was the Robin Hood Grill on Livernois any relation to the Snow White Restaurant which used to be located in Rosedale Park?
    Anyone know?

Unless Robin Hood and Snow White have been hooking up on the side - I don't think they are related. Maid Marrion and the Prince might get pretty cheesed off if they found out.

CMooreBMoore...I haven't thought about that place in years. I lived on several different streets in Rosedale years ago. We had a party at Snow White once....seem to remember it was a nice place. Did you grow up around those parts?

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    Unless Robin Hood and Snow White have been hooking up on the side - I don't think they are related. Maid Marrion and the Prince might get pretty cheesed off if they found out.
    Maybe it was a foursome

I liked Snow White Lounge, everything they served was tops. It was a nice dressy dinner place. First time I ever tried red snapper was there and I still remember how tasty it was. What makes you think they were affiliated with Robin Hood Grill?

Ah, Snow White. I have a vague memory that it was actually called "The Nau's Snow White". Might be a bit off in that 'ownership' name though.

1954. Senior Prom. Took my steady there and then to the Snow White around 11 p.m. for dinner. Classy, with her formal and my white dinner jacket. You just don't see such dress-up any more.

Damn, we were beautiful.

Was the full name Nau's Snow White restaurant? Did the Nau family own the two places. Snow White was my parents favorite place. I went on my very first date there.

Nau's is right.

@ gazhekwe ... I wondered about an affiliation since they're both named after childhood tales ... I know that's random )

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    CMooreBMoore...I haven't thought about that place in years. I lived on several different streets in Rosedale years ago. We had a party at Snow White once....seem to remember it was a nice place. Did you grow up around those parts?

Hi Detroitbred,

I did grow up in Rosedale Park. I think Snow White may have been before my time - but in reading history of my old neighborhood, I always hear mention of this facility.
    I grew up on Auburn Street between Fenkell and Outer Dr.