Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Detroit Gets New Subway System?

Helpful tip: Don't oversleep on the F-Train else you might wind up in Detroit...

Movie Set along Griswold Street in Detroit trying to give a NYC feel...

I liked the subway stations for "The Island" better. Just my opinion.

The Harold and Kumar crew spent three or four days pulling the leaves off the locust trees in the background. Oh, to be a PA.

Well, we don't have a subway train, but at least we have a stop. It's a start.

Wow. How cool would that be if it were for realz...?

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Wow. How cool would that be if it were for realz...?
    To listen to some of the people on this forum, not cool at all ...

I wish I was home right now so I could see all this excitement happening downtown

Heck, I think they should keep these sets up even after the filming - maybe turn it into a place to lock up a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    I wish I was home right now so I could see all this excitement happening downtown
    Yeah, me too. I hope they leave these prop subway stations up for a few months. It might inspire people to imagine "What if we had great mass tranit...." I think anybody who sees what could be, will be immediately saddened when they realize there are no steps down to a train that would take them anywhere in the city they wanted to go. Give 'em a taste, and let it stew...

Heh. Handrail to nowhere.

Looks like a natural fit...

My first clue that it's bogus? there's usually a falafel stand at 57th & bway

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    My first clue that it's bogus? there's usually a falafel stand at 57th & bway
    The F stops at 57th and 6th Av.

Leave the prop subway access up, but dig a hole down so that it leads to the sewer. Fun will ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    Leave the prop subway access up, but dig a hole down so that it leads to the sewer. Fun will ensue.
    "This is the SUBWAY? Why is it filled with fuckin' CHUDs?"

Better yet, leave the prop up and watch the people try to figure out how to get their cars down there....

It's nice to pretend, anyway!

"What if.....?"

Nice folly!
    They should make some permanently, just to confuse people!

FYI, its for Harold and Kumar 3-D, and it takes place during Christmas, hence the x-mas decorations. So it's Christmas in July in Detroit faking for Christmas in December in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    FYI, its for Harold and Kumar 3-D, and it takes place during Christmas, hence the x-mas decorations. So it's Christmas in July in Detroit faking for Christmas in December in NYC.
    Didn't know NYC has a peoplemover!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Didn't know NYC has a peoplemover!
    It does in the mythical 3rd dimension!

I wish Detroit was a different city because I don't know how to get to that different city.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPetanque View Post
    Heck, I think they should keep these sets up even after the filming - maybe turn it into a place to lock up a bicycle.
    Heck, the cities that do have these get pissed when we lock bikes to the real things.

Here is the real one I took last year.....compare...This is at 57th and 7th.
    Last edited by Searay215; July-31-10 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPetanque View Post
    Local mimes could practice going down the stairs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast