Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Eddie Francis to try for a three-peat

Controversial Windsor Mayor Eddie Francis is running again. There is a lot of talk about a labor candidate running against him stemming from the bad feelings created prolonged municipal strike.

But right now they are acting a bit like the mice who want to put a bell on the cat. They all want the bell, but no one wants to put it on. Odds look good for Eddie and getting sued by Manny Moroun can't hurt.

Rick Laporte will not run for mayor of Windsor

WINDSOR, Ont. -- Citing upcoming union contract negotiations, CAW Local 44 president Rick Laporte announced Thursday he won’t be joining this year’s mayoral race.

Thank the lord Laporte isn't running. That's the very last thing this city needed was some CAW nugget scaring buisness off that's not unionized. Don't get me wrong folks, I don't mind unions I just don't need them in the Mayors seat. I certainly don't think any Big 3 will come back here to a city run by their nemisis. Too many investments have been scared off because of union bullying.

I'll take Francis over LaPorte any day. In fact I think Rick Limoges, the other person who may file his papers to run is just another union buddy in sheep's clothing.

Considering how well the stinking liberals have decimated Ontario I wouldn't vote for Limoges as he was a previous liberal MP.

At least Francis, with all of his warts, has put Windsor into a better fiscal position and finally told the local unions to piss off. I also like they he has finally started to tell the Old Boys club that they do have not free reign to come into his office at any time.

I want to add that I believe the unions are going to try and elect the majority of council as union puppets. That way it doesn't matter who is the mayor because they can always vote down anything brought forward.

This election will make or break Windsor.

Default real change

where the hell is ernie laMonte... WE NEED THE BACON MAN!