Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Attachment Quota

I was a bit concerned about what to do after exhausting my attachment quota until I noticed the "Attachments" link in the User CP.

It shows how much quota you've used and lists all of your attachments so you can delete the obsolete ones.

Your old posts might look odd after its photo vanishes [[it leaves an "attachment nn" where the photo was) but that is a really good way to manage server disk space.

Now I don't have to feel guilty about Lowell having to mop up after me!
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-30-09 at 09:22 PM.

We'll have to have a permanent link for some of our old favorites, including Domu-Kun and the Get a Job Morans Guy!

Stosh Guest

Well, I suppose that with a quota that there will be a whole lot less pictorial threads here, ala Garwood or Tobacco factories.

You could always open a free Photobucket account, or any other free image hosting account, and link to the pictures directly from there.

You could always open a free Photobucket account...
    Yeah, that's the way to go if you want retention. I think I'll try hosting photos on my own server just to see if it works.

Another thought: It will be a good idea to include hyperlinked captions with any photos that are hyperlinked. That way if the photo ever disappears, at least the caption will remain linked.

We are still assessing this, but we will insure plenty of space for pictures, especially for quality projects. If you feel a need for more space, just let us know.