Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Warning to black males in Oakland County

Whatever you do try your best to avoid the Oakland County judicial system. They will take the word of a white woman over the word of a black male and the police. They live by the Rumsfeld credo that "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence." I experienced first hand that even if you have a clean record, police evidence contradicting the white woman's statements, character references from county commissioners, Pontiac Policemen, School board members and school administrators the Oakland County judicial will take the word of white women over all that evidence when it comes to dealing with black men. A wise man once said "A person who represents himself has a fool for a client" and i learned today that no truer words were ever spoken.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pontiac4ever View Post
    Whatever you do try your best to avoid the Oakland County judicial system. They will take the word of a white woman over the word of a black male and the police. They live by the Rumsfeld credo that "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence." I experienced first hand that even if you have a clean record, police evidence contradicting the white woman's statements, character references from county commissioners, Pontiac Policemen, School board members and school administrators the Oakland County judicial will take the word of white women over all that evidence when it comes to dealing with black men. A wise man once said "A person who represents himself has a fool for a client" and i learned today that no truer words were ever spoken.
    Fuck you, Racist.

Majority Race + power = racist

I'm a minority with no power.
    Bigot would be the proper word

archie bunker was a bigot, you are an asshole and fool.

Are either one of you black males? If you aren't you shouldn't respond to this topic. That's the problem with white people they think they know every thing

That's why white people sit on message boards and comment sections and argue all day. White people think they know everything and google has made the situation worse. Now they can search what they don't know and become an instant expert

LodgeDodger Guest

I know one thing, you're playing the victim.

Like I said earlier, fuck off. Racist.

Stosh Guest

So why aren't you in jail then? Oh I get it... a lawsuit. Pick your battles better.
    Care to enlighten us with the facts of your case?

I get so tired on this forum of some people's rush to judgement and bad attitudes. And I'm not referring to the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    So why aren't you in jail then? Oh I get it... a lawsuit. Pick your battles better.
    Child support? Child custody? Divorce? None of which are lawsuits. None of which get you put in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Fuck you, Racist.
    He's recounting his first hand experience, and this is the conclusion you come to? Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    archie bunker was a bigot, you are an asshole and fool.
    Haha, your attack on this guy kind of reminds me of that time when another guy was telling the story about how he was coming out of church and he had a run-in with that crackhead by that pizza place. And you had a few choice words...for the guy coming out of church who dared to go home and post about it. That's sweet.

Or the time when I asked Goat to stop being so hateful to Detroit and you said that I hate Goat because he's from Canada. So precious.

That's the problem with white people they think they know every thing
    That's why white people sit on message boards and comment sections and argue all day. White people think they know everything and google has made the situation worse. Now they can search what they don't know and become an instant expert
    Hey Pontiac4ever, check this out...

I'm a white person that was trying to defend you and give you the benefit of the doubt, as I know that racism still exists. However, these funky remarks are no better and no different that what you might have experienced in court today. Just as they were wrong in court to generalize about you because of your race, your statements are doing the same thing. So cut it out. You can't complain about unfair race-based treatment and then turn around and do the same thing and think it's OK.

character references from county commissioners, Pontiac Policemen, School board members and school administrators
    That's probably what did you in.

But without a case reference for us to look up, your entire rant is just that, a rant.

Majority Race + power = racist

I'm a minority with no power.
    Bigot would be the proper word
    The fact that you even prefer to be labled a Bigot says alot about your character.
    Anyways.....your math looked wrong so I googled some definitions to show off my brains.

Bigot - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
    or
    a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

Racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

hmm...... if I'm rich and white I'm a racist? I guess I'm neutral since I'm white and broke lol.

pontiac4ever, what is it that happened? I really want to know, that's why you posted here isn't it? You can't just claim all this stuff and not give details. You don't really think white people can't assemble all those people in our defense and still be convicted of a crime, do you? You also shouldn't tell people they can't even read you post if they aren't YOUR colour.

Downtown Lady, I applaude your effort to que the racisim. It's garbage, and I was reasonably sure that's why everyone was on this site. To help eachother to find ways of getting along and repairing the damage done to your city. I'm starting to see why so many of those awesome people I've read thru on the atdetroit site have left. Those old threads are what got me into this forum, the people rocked.

Of course, although neither of us is a racist....I guess we're not welcome to comment.

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Hey Pontiac4ever, check this out...

I'm a white person that was trying to defend you and give you the benefit of the doubt, as I know that racism still exists. However, these funky remarks are no better and no different that what you might have experienced in court today. Just as they were wrong in court to generalize about you because of your race, your statements are doing the same thing. So cut it out. You can't complain about unfair race-based treatment and then turn around and do the same thing and think it's OK.
    Downtown Lady, saying "Fuck you, racist" works a lot better than your condescending effort.

Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    Downtown Lady, saying "Fuck you, racist" works a lot better than your condescending effort.
    I'm sorry that you choose to see it as condescending. Why would I say "fuck you" when I don't mean "fuck you"? There's a difference between angrily dismissing someone and trying to explain to someone why certain behavior is wrong.

Maybe if more people discussed racial relations instead of saying "fuck you" this region wouldn't be as screwed up in terms of racial attitudes as it is. Also, I guess it's just cooler to say "fuck you" but nothing gets accomplished but further alienation. If you choose to see my effort as condescending, be my guest. Being a cynical person is certainly a choice that you are entitled to make.

LodgeDodger Guest

1) I have zero tolerance for racism. The original poster made a blanket statement about Oakland County and white people in general.

2) I'm not about to molly-coddle some racist because he had a bad day in court. Resorting to racist comments because something went against you in court means you've not bought into Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream. Equality under the law is a bitch.

3) If whatever happened to the original poster, happens again, I would suggest learning from the experience and hiring an attorney.

4) Dr. King's speech was meant for me, too.

LodgeDodger Guest

He's recounting his first hand experience, and this is the conclusion you come to? Unbelievable.
    The original poster did not recount his first-hand experience. He made racist statements against white people from Oakland County. That you would defend such a poster is rather unbelievable.

1) I have zero tolerance for racism. The original poster made a blanket statement about Oakland County and white people in general.

2) I'm not about to molly-coddle some racist because he had a bad day in court. Resorting to racist comments because something went against you in court means you've not bought into Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream. Equality under the law is a bitch.

3) If whatever happened to the original poster, happens again, I would suggest learning from the experience and hiring an attorney.

4) Dr. King's speech was meant for me, too.
    Fair enough. However, the original post was in reference specifically to the Oakland County judicial system, not Oakland County and not white people. And unfortunately, it is not outside the realm of possibility that racism can exist in a judicial system. He was recounting his first-hand experience.

Granted, his later posts were completely wrong, but still I don't see how his initial post recounting his experience [[which may truly have been racially biased against him) warrants a knee-jerk reaction of "Fuck you, Racist."
    Last edited by Downtown Lady; July-30-10 at 09:07 AM.

Whether it was racism or not, sounds like you got a bum deal.
    Can you appeal?

LodgeDodger Guest

Fair enough. However, the original post was in reference specifically to the Oakland County judicial system, not Oakland County and not white people. And unfortunately, it is not outside the realm of possibility that racism can exist in a judicial system. He was recounting his first-hand experience.

Granted, his later posts were completely wrong, but still I don't see how his initial post recounting his experience [[which may truly have been racially biased against him) warrants a knee-jerk reaction of "Fuck you, Racist."
    Actually, to me, it does. Stating that jury members will take the word of a white woman over that of a black male smacks of racism. I'm a resident of Oakland County. I'm a registered voter, which makes me a jury candidate. I'm offended by such remarks.

One thing that angers me more than anything is using racism because perhaps someone didn't receive an answer/opinion/judgement that went in their favor. This is the way the system works. To grant the original poster a *pass* because they were upset is wrong. The original post was racist and wrong and should not be tolerated. There are no kind words I have for someone with that attitude.

I wonder why posts like pontiac4ever's are allowed to remain, yet other posts are removed.

The original poster did not recount his first-hand experience. He made racist statements against white people from Oakland County. That you would defend such a poster is rather unbelievable.
    Maybe we're not reading the same post??? He told of his experience in the Oakland County judicial system that day. His first-hand experience. He believes from his experience that the Oakland County judicial system is biased against black males -- his opinion from his experience. Now, is his opinion accurate? I don't know, I've never encountered the Oakland County judicial system.

How am I defending anything that doesn't deserve defense? He recounted his experience, and his interpretation of it. When he later made racist comments, I spoke up.

Stating that jury members will take the word of a white woman over that of a black male smacks of racism. .
    He never said anything about a jury. It could have been a custody issue or a child support issue or a divorce, none of which involves a jury.

One thing that angers me more than anything is using racism because perhaps someone didn't receive an answer/opinion/judgement that went in their favor. This is the way the system works. To grant the original poster a *pass* because they were upset is wrong.
    Yes, I agree -- crying racism where none exists is completely wrong. However, sometimes when people cry racism it's because there genuinely is racism. Neither one of us knows enough about the circumstances to say which is the case. However, I still don't see how saying "fuck you racist" is warranted.

Downtown Lady, you can hate me all you like. No one is stopping you. Just like everyone has the right to perceive what they want to perceive. Whether that is believing someone is a bigot, racist, asshole, hater, slut, dick-head, loser, hipster, fatty, toothpick, black, white, yellow, red, short, tall, ugly, cute, one-legged, one-armed, long hair, no hair. We can all hate anyone we wish.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast