Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Toyota Hiring Based on Thirst for Blood

I went to a used car place to buy a car, and the guy mistakenly thought I wanted a Toyota because I said I wanted acceleration that was off the hook.

The guy who was trying to sell me the car told us both that the Toyota plants he went to applying for work SPECIFICALLY told him they were only hiring "only guys who thirst for blood."

I asked him to repeat himself because I couldn't believe my ears! But he repeated it VERBATIM and so I knew it was true.

Seems that the bean counters at Toyota have figured in the cost of lawsuits for deaths caused by their poor quality vehicles and decided that it would cost less than building in quality from design through manufacture. I think he called these people "actuals" or "actuaries" or something. I looked up "actuary" in the dictionary when I got home and there it was in black & white!! So, I knew double that what he was saying to me was true. I also asked several people if it was possible and they all said yes!

So, Toyota has their actuaries developing these formulas, and now to work there you need the thirst for blood. Especially, he told me, in the marketing department where people had to keep a straight face when saying all the problems were behind them. You got to love blood to steer people in the wrong direction of risk.

I just thought you would all like to know and I gave you a nice fair warning in the subject of this post. Sure, some won't read this content, but they will be warned from the subject and can take heed.

Thanks for your time.

I'm inclined to believe this in its entirety without further information or research on the matter. Is there a petition I can sign? [[online please, letters are too inconvenient).

Toyota hiring practices are bloodist.

You think the style and color of the Japanese flag is a coincidence? NO.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Seems that the bean counters at Toyota have figured in the cost of lawsuits for deaths caused by their poor quality vehicles and decided that it would cost less than building in quality from design through manufacture. I think he called these people "actuals" or "actuaries" or something. I looked up "actuary" in the dictionary when I got home and there it was in black & white!! So, I knew double that what he was saying to me was true. I also asked several people if it was possible and they all said yes!

So, Toyota has their actuaries developing these formulas, and now to work there you need the thirst for blood. Especially, he told me, in the marketing department where people had to keep a straight face when saying all the problems were behind them. You got to love blood to steer people in the wrong direction of risk.
    Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
    Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?
    Narrator: You wouldn't believe.
    Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?
    Narrator: A major one.

Common things I have seen with GM Products [[with no recalls):

AC Blower module shorting and wiring harness melting on Hummer H-3.
    Fuel tank modules shorting out and showing black burns on the wiring [[inside fuel tank) Chevrolet/GMC/Cadillac 1500, 2500 including pickups, tahoes, escalades, suburbans.
    Rear differentials chattering/grinding/locking up Cadillac CTS, STS.
    Engines stalling without any forwarning while in motion Pontiac Bonneville, Cadillac DTS, due to faulty crankshaft position sensors

I could go on and on and on......

The automotive world is a rough business.

All major corporations do this. It's called risk anlysis and mitigation.

Every product you buy has a chance of killing you. No product can be made completely 100% safe. The question becomes what is safe enough?

This is what engineers do every day. They have to balance safety, functionality and cost. If you don't make a product safe enough you will lose money from the lawsuits and court ordered penalties for the deaths. If you make the product too safe, Your costs will be too high and You will have a completely non-competitve product that doesn't sell. The only way to decide where to spend money on a project is by doing these kind of analysis.

If you think that's cold, How about the Insurance companies. They sit around all day trying to figure out when and how you're going to die. They then price your insurance policy based on their best guesses.

Or the government with social security. They sit around all day trying to figure out when you're going to die and what illnesses your going to have before you kick. That way they know how much taxes they have to charge to keep you and your medical bills paid after you retire.

The army does this when they send troops into battle. They also have to guess at what the casulty rates are so they know if they have enough forces for the slaughter.

There are many fields that are all about death and the costs related to someone dying.

I bet those Chinese companies don't do this. You know the ones that sell us lead laced products, melamine infused pet foods and toxic drywall. They probably wouldn't have sold us these toxic products if they had done the risk analysis.
    Last edited by ndavies; July-30-10 at 09:37 AM.

I met a Ford lawyer at a party back when the Pintos were exploding when rearended. He said those cases were called "crispy critters" cases.

Quote Originally Posted by RO_Resident View Post
    Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
    Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?
    Narrator: You wouldn't believe.
    Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?
    Narrator: A major one.
    Fight Club.

Default The Georgetown Toyota plant is just up the road from me...

I have alot of friends that work at the Georgetown, Ky. plant where they make the Camry and Avalon.
    The pratice now is going tru a temp service and if a position comes open, and your work you tail off, they give you a chance for that slot.
    I heard alot of good and bad things about workin there...Pay is great for the area,,child care for single mothers, insurance,bonus for a good year in profits.Each year for anyone that dont miss a day of work gets put in a pool to draw for a new car.Sounds great so far dont it..
    Now the bad...You better stay in good health ..I dont know now since the lawsuit they had a few years ago,*and it did give them some bad publicity* about some of the employees getting broken down and then showed the door is the same policy,,but you earn every da*n dime you make there...They had to go back and back pay a few years ago some employees that worked in the paint dept. cause they wouldnt start them on the clock till they was suited up first.
    They got bit in the butt and tryin to save face now.During all the bad rap they got with acel. probs. they shut down the plant for a few weeks and alot of the employees went to dealerships here in the Ky. area and helped detail cars after they got worked on from the recall.Toyota didnt pay them to do that,,they did that on their own time...
    Production over quality what about killed em..Now,,It's back to old school...Like my friends that work there always want,,make a good safe care that would last for a many miles down the road.....I'm glad they seen the light in time...

Is this a play off the Ford alleged hiring practice thread or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Is this a play off the Ford alleged hiring practice thread or am I missing something?
    No, you didn't miss it. That's what I thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No, you didn't miss it. That's what I thought too.
    Good. I didn't want to feel as if I was out of the loop!

Update:

Toyota isn't hiring anymore. Their sales are slipping due to people waking up to their poor quality.

This thread makes little sense. I work for a supplier who services the big three and many japanese OEMs including Toyota, I can vouch for the fact that quality in what we provide is way more important to Toyota then it is to the other OEMs. Now would I drive a Japanese car? No I prefer the US brands.

gdogslim Guest

RE: Toyota Hiring Based on Thirst for Blood
    Right, a used car salesman says something so now it is the truth.
    So by your logic, GM, Chrysler and Ford all have blood sucking vampires engineering because they all do the same thing. Sounds like an Obama press release to diss his competition.
    If you can prove Toyota is willfully sabotaging cars then file a lawsuit and make money from them.
    PS: Why should da guvment tell us what to buy?