Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Matty Moroun's company to build 'Bridge-on-Demand' floating bridge

"The Bridge-on-Demand system is the ultimate solution to providing redundancy in the face of a crisis," said Dan Stamper, DIBC president. "Its mobility will allow for secure land-based storage, where the Bridge-on-Demand system can be called upon for deployment across the Detroit River, or anywhere else across the nation in very short order."
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010072...loating-bridge

WTF? I'm sure it will be stored in Riverside Park.

I would think that the river is too wide and the current is too fast for this type of bridge, but I'm not an engineer.

Bill Shreck, director of communications for MDOT, was unimpressed by plans for a floating bridge.
    "They bring it up periodically but never produce it," Shreck said.
    I'm sure the Mrooun "floated" this out there to quiet the "redundancy" crowd.

http://detroitnews.com/article/20100...ergency-bridge
    Last edited by leland_palmer; July-28-10 at 06:16 PM.

Stosh Guest

Wow. I'm just amazed. Does that mean that the approach he built was planned for this system all along? I'd sooner trust a catapult on demand system.

burn some cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Wow. I'm just amazed. Does that mean that the approach he built was planned for this system all along? I'd sooner trust a catapult on demand system.

Catapult, eh? I like that idea much better... with a catapult, we on the Canadian side, could toss a whole lotta crap over to you guys on the American side. Do you guys need any politicians? We have a lot here that could fit in a catapult...easily!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marcwigle View Post
    Catapult, eh? I like that idea much better... with a catapult, we on the Canadian side, could toss a whole lotta crap over to you guys on the American side. Do you guys need any politicians? We have a lot here that could fit in a catapult...easily!
    Yeah, but we'd be pulting our dead cats your way too.

Also politicians , we've got a surplus of them as well, among other things.

So long as the plans also include provisions for flying freighters to cross over the water-level bridge, I see no problems.

Bravo, Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    That's funny. That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwigle View Post
    The problem would be who would have the most to catapult. I'm sure we could hold our own in the desirable and catapultable politicians department. I could name a few hundred without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    The problem would be who would have the most to catapult. I'm sure we could hold our own in the desirable and catapultable politicians department. I could name a few hundred without hesitation.
    Catapult?

We can start with Kwame, he should be good enough for taking out at least 2 city blocks,with as big an ass as he has,[[Is) and has been!
    Last edited by Detroitej72; July-28-10 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post

I say neither side give the catapults enough power to even reach halfway, then we go ahead who gets launched.
    Let him build it, he'll store it somewhere he's not supposed to and he'll have to tear it apart again anyways. I was curious though, I'm not sure if I seen anything about having to clear this thru the Canadian Coast Guard as well. Does the USCG have juristiction over our side of the water, or what ultimatly gets built in the river on both sides? Or does Matty just want to build this thing half way out into the river to make a giant pier?

Gee, if we are going to build a temporary bridge, why not build a perminent one?

Thats whats this is all about....