Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default New Project On Forest and John R?

Apparently across the street from the VA...does anyone know about this particular project?

Looks neat.

Can't tell from the pic. Are they going to leave that neat old church building or is that within the foot print?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Can't tell from the pic. Are they going to leave that neat old church building or is that within the foot print?
    Initially the church was included in the desing, it was deemed to cost prohibitive to in corporate into the final structure. It was then alluded to that the project may be relocated further north into the cultural center

isn't that the WSU medical school's new facility?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    isn't that the WSU medical school's new facility?

Nope something on the drawing board for some new Community Arts center...

N'namdi gallery?

Hmmmmm no this had a specific name on it....

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Hmmmmm no this had a specific name on it....
    Well I know the Carr center was suppose to go somewhere near there before taking over the Harmonie Club in the district now dubbed "paradise valley"

Hopefully this is a seperate project. Such a perfect location, right on the Midtown Loop.

I also saw plans for a large apartment building with first floor retail for the corner of Garfield and John R [[somewhere in the range of 8 stories). The plans were on the display at the opening of the rehabed artist apartments on Garfield.

I have a feeling that there are many plans set or in the works for projects in Midtown. I have a feeling we aren't aware of many of them right now.

Where'd you get the pictures, DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Where'd you get the pictures, DS?

From right here.....

http://www.constructwo.com/virgilcarr.html

It looks like they changed their plan to locate it in the Harmonie Club Building? So I think casscorridor is correct.

http://www.constructwo.com/virgilcarra.html

Oh ok...now i didnt see that aspect of it....interesting....

much better architecture and design though!

did you see their plan for the light rail? mediocre at best, looks like it will be a rusty piece of shit ten years after its built. the stations look like glorified bus stops. Looks like it would get torn out eventually in the name of progress.

cass, why does everything have to be so sour with you? It is very unappealing as your negative tone imbues your posts with a lemon-gone-bad stink. If you think it is edgy or cute or sardonic ... it ain't. Your posts are the polar opposite of Sean's cloying rah-rah, but the same in their worthless consideration.

You want caustic-with-a-cause? Read Ravine. He's funny and pointed and accurate with his observations.

just sayin'

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    cass, why does everything have to be so sour with you? It is very unappealing as your negative tone imbues your posts with a lemon-gone-bad stink. If you think it is edgy or cute or sardonic ... It ain't. Your posts are the polar opposite of sean's cloying rah-rah, but the same in their worthless consideration.

You want caustic-with-a-cause? read ravine. He's funny and pointed and accurate with his observations.

just sayin'
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    lemon-gone-bad stink
    Old lemons stink? I always put them down the garbage disposal and they still seem to elicit a freshness. Lemons being allowed to go bad, however, does indicate that not enough drinking is going on. More drinking might make things less tense. Although the "seperate" really irks me. I need a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    much better architecture and design though!

did you see their plan for the light rail? mediocre at best, looks like it will be a rusty piece of shit ten years after its built. the stations look like glorified bus stops. Looks like it would get torn out eventually in the name of progress.
    the architect of whom you speak is julie kim. she taught at udm for a time until she got a gig at harvard. she was recently published in archrecord which is an extremely prestigious periodical in the profession.
    http://archrecord.construction.com/a...onstrucTWO.asp

we should be so lucky that for a talented architect cares to work in this city when she has opportunity in greener pastures. btw, the light rail stations are merely a sketch proposal. they are far from fully designed.

if you wanna dump on architecture...start with anything done by crosswinds