Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Mike Cox - Did he attend Manoogian Party?

Did Mike Cox, candidate for governor, attend the Manoogian Mansion party despite his denial? Do you believe the man who said he attended the party although he has a criminal history background? Did this party actually take place???

If it did take place, I'm a tad bit angry I wasn't invited. I've been known to make some baaad jello shots.

Blarf Guest

Don't care.

There was no party, remember?

Just keep telling yourself that.

There was no party,

There was no party,

There was no party,

There was no party,

There was no party,

There was no party ........

mike cox is a lying bastard who is not worthy of the trust of the people of Michigan.

I wonder what he thought about the "strawberry tart" served that night?

The truth is due to come out soon. If he was there I know he REGRETS it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9606 Prest View Post
    Did Mike Cox, candidate for governor, attend the Manoogian Mansion party despite his denial? Do you believe the man who said he attended the party although he has a criminal history background? Did this party actually take place???

Cox campaign: Man who alleges Manoogian party has rap sheet

http://www.freep.com/article/20100727/NEWS01/100727029/

[[so does the guy that allegedly held the party)

The question is why did Mike Cox run this guys record in the first place. That right there says Cox is lying, or trying cover up something. I vote he was at the party. I, also hate his commercials [[WTF IS OBAMACARE). That sh#t should be banned from T.V.

Welcome to American politics, Mike! Now: the answer to the central question of this thread, "Did Mike Cox attend the party at the Manoogian," is: it doesn't matter anymore. A witness - granted, a barely credible one, but a witness nonetheless - claims he was there. The Cox spin-control team immediately starts attacking the credibility of the witness, which is amateurish, redundant and stupid. The fact is, a certain segment of the public has always wondered why Cox's reaction to the alleged party was so wishy-washy given his position at the time. This eyewitness account, though just barely scraping by with any credibility whatever, fans the flames of that already-existing belief. Snyder, Hoekstra and Company, if they have any brains, are going to just sit tight and let this play itself out; it all but removes Cox as a contender, whether he was anywhere near that party or not. He set this up for himself by not taking allegations of the party seriously, which bothered a lot of people. Now that has come home to roost. G'night Mike!

Well, I don't believe this will rmove him as "contender", at least for the primary...what happens with the whole mess between now and November will be interesting.

I say there was a Party at the Manoogian and it did get violent. I don't think Mike Cox was at the party. I do however say that it is suspicious that he stop state investigation and came right out after rumors started floating to say it never happened without taking a second look. Something was ,though, going on between him and Kilpatrick

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    The question is why did Mike Cox run this guys record in the first place. That right there says Cox is lying, or trying cover up something. I vote he was at the party. I, also hate his commercials [[WTF IS OBAMACARE). That sh#t should be banned from T.V.
    I just love this, the pandering to the Tea Party, all this posturing, and now this. He wanted to be the face of the Tea Party by his lawsuits against Obamacare, as he puts it. Now I hope it sticks, and they use his mug as the posteer child of the TP.

True, it will be interesting. I don't like how Mike is going about his campaign. His first Ad was about him prosecuting KK for the assault on the officers. Now it's about Obama care? And to top it off he said he has never step foot in the Manoogian Mansion. If I was not guilty[[IMO), I would of said something totally different. I am not a Repub, but I was pulling for Mike to give me something to say he wasn't suspect. From what I've seen it's not adding up.

I thought his "I'm a big boy. I'm a Marine" comment [[on Channel 4 last night) was the best he could muster. There is something about him that makes me cringe every time I see him on TV or his ads.

I think Mike Cox was there, but does it really matter?

The issue now is that if Mike Cox was indeed there, he lied to protect Kwame when he was still mayor of Detroit.

The problem now is that if Cox comes out and tells the truth, then he is going to be called a lier.

Unfortunatly this whole deposition that this biker dude gave is going to go nowhere, I think this guy is probably sitting in his jail cell right now in fear someone is going to kill him because of what he said. Wait and see, they will force him to do a deposition and he will retract everything he just said.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    True, it will be interesting. I don't like how Mike is going about his campaign. His first Ad was about him prosecuting KK for the assault on the officers. Now it's about Obama care? And to top it off he said he has never step foot in the Manoogian Mansion. If I was not guilty[[IMO), I would of said something totally different. I am not a Repub, but I was pulling for Mike to give me something to say he wasn't suspect. From what I've seen it's not adding up.
    Well Said!

I'm not a Cox fan AT ALL but the term "Obamacare" is not his phrase. It is used by the supporters of the health care bill promoted and endorsed by the president. Not just those who detract from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I just love this, the pandering to the Tea Party, all this posturing, and now this. He wanted to be the face of the Tea Party by his lawsuits against Obamacare, as he puts it. Now I hope it sticks, and they use his mug as the posteer child of the TP.

Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore! Gnome...my thoughts exactly. I've said from day one that Cox was at that party, and yes I think it does matter. The truth needs to be told, especially in this election year. People need to know about the people they might vote for. His own wife can't trust him, why should we. He is a lying, cheating POS!!!

Ravine Guest

Lowell has attempted to keep all of these topics organized into a Kwame Kilpatrick Mega-Thread.
    We don't need a new, separate thread launched for every item that crops up; they crop up constantly, and having piles of threads which are all, intrinsically, about the same general topic creates a scene where folks have commented on a topic, already, and cannot recall on which thread they logged their comment.
    And then we get folks who believe that they are being mis-understood, because they rightly believe that they have already clarified their statements, not realizing that they issued the clarification on the "old" thread, not the "new" one, or vice-versa.
    Keeping it all under a single umbrella cuts off, at the pass, numerous confounding & unnecessary problems.

I would love it if the story were true, because Cox repels me, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

Miss Beatty is returning to town to give a deposition [[under oath) so it would be wise for her to tell the truth this time around if she knows something . I'm not sure what the questioning will be about , possibly the dozen or so charges that Kwame is now facing . Just for the hell of it they should throw in a few questions about the party lol hmmmmmm....... I wonder why Bernard and Carlitta are trying to get out of testimony ? lol

I am interested in the evidence of this party whether you believe it to have happened or was, to use Mr. Cox's lexicon, an urban myth. What do you know? What don't you know? Then, what do you think? For instance, the title of this tread carries the assumption that a party did happen.

On the 'evidence' side we have [1] the recent deposition that places him at the party, but there is a big difference between a deposition and a cross-examined witness in open court. I don't believe there is a corroborating witness[es] to the events described in the deposition. If there were, that would be huge, particularly if from a more credible witness.

Other evidence, and help me with the details, is [2] a former police dispatcher who handled the dispatch of police cars to the mansion on that night.

What else is there? Let's build list and assess that as best we can, inadequate as that may be since nothing can match evidence and testimony in live court.

Regarding the comment about the KK mega thread. The purpose of that thread is to cut down the number of threads that regard KK personally, such as his alleged groping, what he is eating in prison etc. and to park related threads when they fade. New threads, such as this, which may be related but have a different set of characters are just fine.

Ravine Guest

Understood. It's just that we have had so many occasions wherein a topic is being discussed, simultaneously, in multiple threads.
    Creates a "where the hell did I say that?" scenario.
    Got enough goddam trouble remembering what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Lowell has attempted to keep all of these topics organized into a Kwame Kilpatrick Mega-Thread.
    I would agree with the idea, however this is a side bar thread regarding Mike Cox.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast