Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Free Movies at Balduck Park

Alger Theater Presents, Film on the Hill: a Moonlight Series

www.algertheater.org

On July 31st and again on August 28th, The Alger Theater will host their first annual outdoor film series on Detroit's far Eastside. The FREE film series dubbed “Film on the Hill: A Moonlight Series” will take place the last Saturday in July and August beginning at 8:30pm with live music and the film showing at dusk. “Film on the Hill” will be located at Balduck Park at Chandler Park Drive and Canyon Street. It will feature family friendly films, offer seating blankets for a small donation, and provide free popcorn to all attendees.

Showing in July will be “Duma”, a film from the award winning director of “The Black Stallion” and “Fly Away Home”.

For more information about the “Film on the Hill: A Moonlight Series”, - including how to volunteer - or about the Friends of the Alger Theater and how to become a Board Member, contact Karlene Trump, at 313.882.2579
    Last edited by Eastside; July-27-10 at 04:29 PM.

That is so grand. As a child we [[ My Dad ) used to show 16mm movies on our garage door twice a month. We had the whole neighborhood in attendance. Everyone brought a dish and liquid refreshments. One of my better memories growing up on the east side of the D.

Flybydon-what street did you grow up on?

Default what fun!

Can't wait for this event. There used to be so many movie theaters on the east side and now....none! Movies in the park here in MY hood. Great!!

Default movies at Balduck!

I'm on Kensington. This will be a great event! Who else is coming from EEV?

Sounds like a good time!

The Balduck Mountain Ramblers will be playing prior to the movie! Should be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Eastside; July-29-10 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo