Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Flags at Half Staff Today @ UAW/GM Building

I work in the building across the street from the UAW/GM building at Walker and Franklin and noticed the flags are at half staff. Does anyone know why?

I've taken a picture with my phone, it's not very clear but you get the idea. The flags at half are The Flag of Our Country, UAW Flag, and the GM flag.
    Attachment 885
    Last edited by Lowell; April-28-09 at 02:32 PM.

i dont know why the American flag is at half staff but the others are because they cant fly above the American flag...

preempting the impending death of GM, maybe?

The UAW and the Federal government are about to become majority owners of Chrysler and GM. That's worth flying every flag at half staff.

It's Workers Memorial Day. The UAW had six employees killed on the job last year.