Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bernard argues it would be unduly burdensome 4 him to sit 4 a deposition & answer Qs

also Carlita Kilpatrick says being questioned could adversely affect a federal criminal case against her husband, in which he faces felony fraud and tax charges.

The never ending saga continues....

http://detnews.com/article/20100726/...ic-dancer-case
    Last edited by leland_palmer; July-26-10 at 09:57 AM.

Buy American Guest

Oh, I guess that lets them both off he hook then! The way our courts have been treating these thugs, Conyers postponing her jail time, Riddle getting out for a sick Mom and all the other farces regarding the law, I can definitely see that neither one of these people will be made to obey the laws the same way you or I would be required to do so.

It would be "burdensome" to sit in an office for several hours.

Riiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    It would be "burdensome" to sit in an office for several hours.

Riiiiiiight.
    At least the Freep explains that bit

The lawyer said that requiring Bernard Kilpatrick to give a deposition “simply to assert his 5th Amendment privilege serves no purpose and is unduly burdensome.”
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010072...trippers-death

Stosh Guest

The lawyer said that requiring Bernard Kilpatrick to give a deposition “simply to assert his 5th Amendment privilege serves no purpose and is unduly burdensome.”
    Well, well.... I guess that will give the investigators a place to start, it seems.

Self incrimination, indeed.

It wasn't burdensome when he was pocketing money for "Pay to Play".
    Oops, that's another case coming up.
    He can take the fifth no problem but he'll have to burden himself with a trip to the D or a local lawyer's office.
    Too bad the tax payers are still burdened by his family's shenanigans.

LodgeDodger Guest

Bernard argues it would be unduly burdensome 4 him to sit 4 a deposition & answer Qs
    What the heck, Leland? Why are you typing in Prince-speak?

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    What the heck, Leland? Why are you typing in Prince-speak?
    U 2 will b prince-speaking if u text 2 much!

Stosh Guest

Reportedly a sworn witness to the beatdown and party, reported on Fox2... Can't wait.

He can take the fifth no problem

Didn't this whole mess start with him and others taking a fifth, ...... or a few fifths?

All this talk and I think I need a fifth!

First of all Carlita Kilpatrick is just too dumb to understand whats really going on, and I don't think is smart enough to think ahead of the lawyers to make sure she doesn't give them the wrong information that could possibly open another pandoras box.

As far as Bernard Kilpatrick, he probably understands whats going on, but knows its best for him to stay out of it.

I have done several depositions, and its not a fun process. You just got to be 3 steps ahead of the lawyer, know the questions they are going to ask and figure out how to ansewer the question without really ansewering the question at all. The last deposition I gave, I got the lawyer all super pist off because he wasn't getting anywhere and I was adding in extra information throughout the entire lawsuit to hurt his clients case. Pretty much my way of telling the layer F-U for wasting my afternoon

^^^^ Well, the problem is that when you do a depo, you're under oath that same way you would be in a courtroom, so you either tell the truth, or say nothing at all. Since Bernie isn't planning on saying anything, he's claiming it will be a burden to sit there when nothing will be accomplished. In short, instead of doing the right thing, he's the one planning on wasting everyone's time.

Then there's the bit about not wanting it videotaped and the lawyer's wanting the taxpayers to foot the bill for their time:

If Carlita and Bernard Kilpatrick are required to answer questions under oath, both will cite their rights against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, their Texas attorney, Edmonds, said in a court filing. Edmonds also asked Rosen to order that the depositions not be videotaped and to award them attorney fees and other costs related to the deposition.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100726/...#ixzz0urzmsUfE

Judge Rosen has only so much tolerance for silliness. He doesn't have much of a sense of humor.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    First of all Carlita Kilpatrick is just too dumb to understand whats really going on, and I don't think is smart enough to think ahead of the lawyers to make sure she doesn't give them the wrong information that could possibly open another pandoras box.

As far as Bernard Kilpatrick, he probably understands whats going on, but knows its best for him to stay out of it.

I have done several depositions, and its not a fun process. You just got to be 3 steps ahead of the lawyer, know the questions they are going to ask and figure out how to ansewer the question without really ansewering the question at all. The last deposition I gave, I got the lawyer all super pist off because he wasn't getting anywhere and I was adding in extra information throughout the entire lawsuit to hurt his clients case. Pretty much my way of telling the layer F-U for wasting my afternoon
    Gee Claude G, did it occur to you to answer the attorney's questions completely, and to the best of your knowledge? One of the main reasons this country is in such a mess is that rarely do you find people who give a shit about the social contract. What is wrong with the telling the truth because it is the right thing to do? People lie at the drop of a hat. To people like these, that oath doesn't mean a damned thing. So many today believe that telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth isn't important. The most important thing is to protect your ass.

As far as Carlita is concerned, she's not stupid. I'm quite sure she's been schooled as to what it is she should or should not say. She wants to cover her ass, too.

I'll bet you're quite proud of yourself for evading the attorney's questions during the desposition. Feeling pretty smug, are you? While he may have 'wasted' your afternoon, you contributed to fucking over an important process.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; July-27-10 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    At least the Freep explains that bit

http://www.freep.com/article/2010072...trippers-death
    And that is within his right to assert 5th Amendment Protections.

But invoking them, for something that "never existed", he only confirms that not only DID it exist, but he has knowledge that he doesn't want to be made public.