Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Daniel Schorr dead

And with him an era in journalism.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=2101143

I will miss his insights and his wonderful voice

Banned from Russia by Kruschev, put on the "enemies list" by Nixon.

Some resume!

He will be forever immortalized in the David Fincher movie The Game, in that scene where Michael Douglas's TV screen starts talking back to him...Daniel Schorr was the newscaster Fincher cast in that role. Always freaks me out to see that. I knew him more for his great sense of humor on NPR's weekend shows than his serious news work, though. Clearly a brilliant and engaging man.

Any enemy of Nixon is a friend of mine.

I'll miss hearing someone speak on Hisotrical 20th centyry events that was actually there to witness. He did a piece on the hindenburg disaster and I think he was an active reporter then.

He pissed off a lot people in his career which is the mark of a good reporter.
    I would like to know what really happened at CBS at the end of his run their. Did he sell off the documents or not?
    Anyway he had a good end to his career at NPR, he was great to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    He pissed off a lot people in his career which is the mark of a good reporter.
    I would like to know what really happened at CBS at the end of his run their. Did he sell off the documents or not?
    Anyway he had a good end to his career at NPR, he was great to listen to.
    This appears to be the answer to the CBS flap.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=13