Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Buy American Guest

Default Taylor Policeman Shot and Killed

Say a prayer for him and his family. This needless violence has to stop.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010072...vasion-suspect

"The married father of two young children..."

Even sadder.

Tragic indeed...

How very sad. My condolences to his family, friends and the entire Taylor Police Department.

I don't know if there's more violence or if they are just publizing it more, but it certainly makes me fearful for the entire metro Detroit area. This has been a violent week for sure. One girl hunting another one down in a car because of a Facebook post. Lots of carjackings and bank robberies. I know that times are tough and desperate times lead to deparate measures. But it's almost as though we have reverted to the "wild west" days.

As a sidebar note, today is the 43rd anniversary of the '67 riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    How very sad. My condolences to his family, friends and the entire Taylor Police Department.

I don't know if there's more violence or if they are just publizing it more, but it certainly makes me fearful for the entire metro Detroit area. This has been a violent week for sure. One girl hunting another one down in a car because of a Facebook post. Lots of carjackings and bank robberies. I know that times are tough and desperate times lead to deparate measures. But it's almost as though we have reverted to the "wild west" days.
    People are certainly nihilistic these days. The thin veneer of civilization cracks when people believe they have nothing else to lose, and nothing to live for... and hate themselves and everyone else drawing breath.

Tramps and thieves can kill cops. Crime is everywhere. Therefore either fight back or do nothing and die. Your choice, your community, your way of life.

My sympathys go to the family and friends of the officer. Having been in that apartment complex a few years ago I had heard it was bad in there, Now I know.

Taylorites I know refer to that area as sin city.

Quote Originally Posted by Signman View Post
    Taylorites I know refer to that area as sin city.
    When any suburban area starts the 'Boondocks' start packing heat or start packing out.

Having been born and raised in Taylor [[not Taylortucky), things like this sadden me. Those 70's era apartment complexes in Taylor are disgusting. They were back then and they are now.