Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Steakhouse to replace Borders @ Compuware

Fu*k yeah!!!! meat is good I am excited already

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Fu*k yeah!!!! meat is good I am excited already

lol Yeah I know ri...

Great addition. I think there's only one other Brazilian steakhouse in SE Michigan.

Wow! Went to another churrascaria [[Fogo de Chao) while in Denver last year and enjoyed the experience. I hope it not only opens, but thrives...

I love how the servers are going to be dressed as gauchos....

It sounds like and old country buffet for rich people. Good luck getting the lardos to walk around.

If its anything like the Fogo de Chao in DC, I'll be happy, and fat.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    It sounds like and old country buffet for rich people. Good luck getting the lardos to walk around.
    Actually, you only get the first course from a buffet. But you eat mainly meat! For our three hour experience, about 20 "gauchos" strolled around with skewers with hunks of choice meat, poultry, and seafood, along with long, gleaming knives.

At the Denver place I went to, the all-male wait staff all looked as if they'd just stepped out of a Abercrombie & Fitch magazine ad. It was almost like being in southern California, where a lot of good looking and affable aspiring actors are waiters. They had a great sense of humor and really were old-fashioned and gentlemanly in their conduct. Every bit of the experience was enjoyable.
    Last edited by English; July-22-10 at 06:04 PM.

Stosh Guest

Sounds like a great place. I like the concept and pricing. With discounts from their club, and special deals on birthdays and anniversaries, they will hold their own.

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/special.php

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Sounds like a great place. I like the concept and pricing. With discounts from their club, and special deals on birthdays and anniversaries, they will hold their own.

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/special.php
    It is. This is by far one of my favorite restaurants. The fare for the ones around Chicago is around $50.00, so the pricing is pretty fair. Not to mention, if you sign up for their email listings, they'll send you promotionals as well

There is a place in I think it's Livonia called Gauchos. Right in front of Home Depot 7 mile and Haggerty. This sounds like this restaurant. I've eaten here. And, to me this is someplace everyone should try once. But, this restaurant is for men! Too much meat! Don't get me wrong cuz I'm a carnivore. I need more than that. Plus too much money. I wish them the best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mbshan View Post
    There is a place in I think it's Livonia called Gauchos. Right in front of Home Depot 7 mile and Haggerty. This sounds like this restaurant. I've eaten here. And, to me this is someplace everyone should try once. But, this restaurant is for men! Too much meat! Don't get me wrong cuz I'm a carnivore. I need more than that. Plus too much money. I wish them the best of luck!
    You are correct. I believe it's actually in Northville, but that's only because it's just west of Haggerty.

http://www.gauchosteakhouse.com/

I seem to recall it being $45 or $50 per person. For all-you-can-eat [[and we're not talking Old Country Buffet - this is quality stuff) that's a good value. I agree that it's a lot of meat, but I also recall the "salad bar" being exceptional, serving far more than iceberg lettuce and a few toppings. It was more of a deli counter selection of pastas, vegetables, bread, and anything you can think of to go with the meat. The service, presentation and atmosphere were all top notch.

My dad took the entire family there when he received a promotion. If nothing else, it's a great destination for a special celebration, not necessarily a weekly meal.

As for the new place - I wish them the best - and will certainly give it a try myself.
    Last edited by wazootyman; July-22-10 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wazootyman View Post
    You are correct. I believe it's actually in Northville, but that's only because it's just west of Haggerty.

http://www.gauchosteakhouse.com/

I seem to recall it being $45 or $50 per person. For all-you-can-eat [[and we're not talking Old Country Buffet - this is quality stuff) that's a good value. I agree that it's a lot of meat, but I also recall the "salad bar" being exceptional, serving far more than iceberg lettuce and a few toppings. It was more of a deli counter selection of pastas, vegetables, bread, and anything you can think of to go with the meat. The service, presentation and atmosphere were all top notch.

My dad took the entire family there when he received a promotion. If nothing else, it's a great destination for a special celebration, not necessarily a weekly meal.

As for the new place - I wish them the best - and will certainly give it a try myself.
    Out of the Churrascaria's I've been too, Texas de Brazil tops the list, with Fogo de Chao only coming close to it. As you've mentioned, the salad bar is nothing but the best, offerring a variety of choices, with many authentic Brazilian dishes. In fact, one could easily get full off the salad bar alone, though I wouldn't reccomend it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndchris View Post
    In fact, one could easily get full off the salad bar alone, though I wouldn't reccomend it.
    That would be a very odd thing to do. I hope they have goat; some places I've been to do, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    That would be a very odd thing to do. I hope they have goat; some places I've been to do, some don't.
    A Brazilian friend of mine did that last time I was there. Though, she ate some of the meats from the salad bar as well

DetroitDad Guest

Not a big meat eater, but Detroit Mom will love it, I am sure!

Still, GREAT NEWS!

I went to Texas e Brazil in Orlando a couple of years ago. It was a fantastic experience. I think it was $65 apiece and it was definitely meat meat meat. Next time I try this place, I am going to opt for just the salad bar. Their salad bar is like a family reunion picnic, everything from plain greens to hot casseroles. Salad bar alone was $30. Just reading the name of the place gave me a nostalgic tummyache.

It sounds like this restaurant is different enough from the Hard Rock to not be competition....the prices are a little out of my budget right now, though

Sounds pretty damn corny, but at least it's money changing hands downtown.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Actually, it's not odd, just eating from the salad bar. When eat at Mongolian Barbecue, I eat mostly from the salad bar.

I've eaten at Rodizio in Denver twice and I loved it, but my daughter, who is not as big a meat lover as I am, says she could easily have done with just the salad bar and a drink. I have never seen so many types of meat stroll by in my life. The real interesting one was when the waiter came over with a skewer of chicken hearts. That almost, but not quite, made me lose my appetite. I regained it when they brought the beef tenderloin back.

It is better than having a bar to open in that location. The restaurant will serve alcohol but it is not just another bar. I still think Buffalo Wild Wings should open down the street in Greektown. It would do good in the former Sweet Georgia Brown location.

I think this is a great move for Compuware but I'm still very concerned about the ratio of retail to restaurants in downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Actually, it's not odd, just eating from the salad bar. When eat at Mongolian Barbecue, I eat mostly from the salad bar.
    Nah, at a place like this it's odd. Who pays $50 for all you can eat meat just to only eat the salad? It's a bit like buying a movie ticket but leaving after the previews.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast