Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Ron_saad Guest

Default Paradise Lost - Lakeside Trailer Park and Marine Hospital

Where is everybody?

Trailer park Pat is here[[lakeside trailer court) is here!

hi ron saad,

i guess everybody got lost from the old forum to this one !??!?!

Flip, whats up?

Ron_saad Guest

I don't know what happened to everybody.

Default Resurecting this thread

Anyone interested in some good old fashion self induldging in the good old days of life on the lower east side Jeff Chalmers.?????? Please share your stories.

We are here!

pgn421
    Did you ever live on chalmers?

Buy American Guest

Picture of the trailer park.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Who ever finally develops this land will make a killing, IMHO this is some of the most beautiful real estate left to be developed within the city limits of Detroit, you have water access and gorgeous views all around. I know some Mc Mansions were built over by Edison a few years back but I didn't find the location very attractive. What has always amazed me is the 1st home on Riverside Dr just as you exit the Bridge over Alter rd is still standing, I'm not sure how many different owners have lived in the home over the years but it was built in 1905 and looks great for being over 100 years old.
    Last edited by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83; January-21-11 at 10:15 AM.

Default Built in 1905

[ATTACH]8630
    Here is a photo of the subject home from Google Maps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We all had to get out of the trailer park in 2000

the changeover must have gotten them lost!!!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    [ATTACH]8630
    Here is a photo of the subject home from Google Maps
    That's one sweet cottage. So many pretty homes still in Detroit.

That pictured home was ferried in from Canada many many years ago. This thread is old, bring it back from archives. We have all told stories and hate to repeat. It really is a special area. So much deep history.

Although I never lived in the area... [[I grew up in the Balduck Park area)... my father used to often take me and my sister down to "Paul's"... the bait shop and store across from the trailer park [[the only retail in the area). Any of you remember that place? This was back when the Naval Hospital was still in the area. Last year I drove down there, and the store looks like it's still in business.

it is too cold for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    That pictured home was ferried in from Canada many many years ago. This thread is old, bring it back from archives. We have all told stories and hate to repeat. It really is a special area. So much deep history.
    Sue
    Would you mind elaborating on the imported from canada comment, was it a bungalow catalog home from sears of wards?