Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Armed Robbery at Red Coat in Royal Oak

This is getting out of hand now in the suburbs. There has been a rash of break-ins, an armed robbery in Birmingham last week, and now an armed robbery in the parking lot at the Red Coat in Royal Oak.

The crime is now becoming a regional problem, as we've seen before a certain element is causing a problem in the suburbs now.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24327736/detail.html

In before the fireworks start. I brought the popcorn, who's got the soda?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post

Hope you got enough for me CP....I will actually just sit back and watch this one with you...

Not a lot of suspects who live in Royal Oak match that description.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
    This is getting out of hand now in the suburbs. There has been a rash of break-ins, an armed robbery in Birmingham last week, and now an armed robbery in the parking lot at the Red Coat in Royal Oak.

The crime is now becoming a regional problem, as we've seen before a certain element is causing a problem in the suburbs now.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24327736/detail.html
    Oh, but when it was just in Det.... car dependence.... unsustainable.... broken window theory.... oh, !@#$ it. Pass the popcorn over here.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Oh, but when it was just in Det.... car dependence.... unsustainable.... broken window theory.... oh, !@#$ it. Pass the popcorn over here.
    After that post I don't think there is going to be enough popcorn. BRB, I gotta go to the store. This is going to be a long one tonight. Who got the lawn chairs?

I recommend Redcoat for yummy food, large drink selection, and great service. There is usually a bit of a wait during rush hour. Specialty is burgers. There is an enormous healthy palatable Amish chicken salad for nutrient concious diners....
    hope the stick up boys get busted!

lilpup Guest

So when does a search for suspects cross the line to racial profiling if all those pulled over and checked reasonably match the description?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    So when does a search for suspects cross the line to racial profiling if all those pulled over and checked reasonably match the description?

Hell by the description given in the paper I could be on of the suspects just off that alone!

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Hell by the description given in the paper I could be on of the suspects just off that alone!
    And.....???

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    OK, why did ya do it, Stylin?

Who's the genius that puts security cameras in the back but not the front of the business. Peckerwoods.

bartock Guest

One wouldn't need to be armed to rob someone leaving the Red Coat. It takes a good 30 seconds to overcome the disorientation that comes with the first glimpse of sun while leaving that place.

Even at 12:30 a.m., it's pretty ballsy to pull guns on someone in front of a Woodward Ave. eatery, just steps from the avenue...in a suburb. That hasn't much happened in the past.
    I just hope the Royal Oak cops can keep up.

The problem isn't the lack of Royal Oak police; it's where their attention is focused. How much you wanna bet if you had took your Classic vehicle out and engaged in one little 0 to 50 MPH drag race in front of the Red Coat at the same time that robbery was going down you would immediately have had two cop cars behind you ready to write that juicy six point reckless driving ticket.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; July-21-10 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    The problem isn't the lack of Royal Oak police; it's where their attention is focused. Try taking your Classic vehicle out and engaging in one little 0 to 50 MPH drag race in front of the Red Coat at the same time that robbery was going down and I guarantee you, you would immediately have two cop cars behind you ready to write that juicy six point reckless driving ticket.
    A crime is a crime. Just because the cops weren't there for this crime doesn't mean they shouldn't enforce what they see.

I'd prefer you get the ticket as opposed to losing control of your car and killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    A crime is a crime. Just because the cops weren't there for this crime doesn't mean they shouldn't enforce what they see.

I'd prefer you get the ticket as opposed to losing control of your car and killing someone.
    Yeah I guess, so what you are saying is passing out speeding tickets has priority over looking for shady characters hiding behind utility poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    The replies are pretty mild so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    The replies are pretty mild so far...
    I would hate to look at Free Press comments, if they did this story.

The Great Reccession is here. People are losing their jobs, homes, families and lives. Mad Max Era is here. Robbery is money. Fear is Law. Come on Americans, start problemsolving or the Street Prophets, religious folks and what's left of our broken government will do the problem solving for you.
    Last edited by Danny; July-22-10 at 08:15 AM.

Yeah I guess, so what you are saying is passing out speeding tickets has priority over looking for shady characters hiding behind utility poles.
    I said nothing of priority. If you would like the police to spend all of their time searching behind utility poles they will not be catching the bad guys.

I see it as cops need to protect and serve in a pro-active and reactive manner. If there is a crime [[large or small) that they see they should act accordingly. If a cop sees or gets a call for two crimes then they will take the higher priority call.

Your attitude sounds like so many that think that DPD should ignore all crimes less violent than murder or rape because there are murders and rapes still to be solved.

Sorry, I don't buy into that concept. If you want to engage in an activity that endangers people's lives [[like going from 0-50 as fast as you can) then I think the cops should stop you. If, at that moment they get a call for a higher priority crime then just consider it your lucky day and move on.

"Sorry, I don't buy into that concept. If you want to engage in an activity that endangers people's lives [[like going from 0-50 as fast as you can) then I think the cops should stop you. If, at that moment they get a call for a higher priority crime then just consider it your lucky day and move on. "

The posted speed on Woodward Ave is 45 MPH, so now you are saying going five over the speed limit threatens lives. I advise you to never leave your house then because this is going on all over the place all the time.

"Sorry, I don't buy into that concept. If you want to engage in an activity that endangers people's lives [[like going from 0-50 as fast as you can) then I think the cops should stop you. If, at that moment they get a call for a higher priority crime then just consider it your lucky day and move on. "

The posted speed on Woodward Ave is 45 MPH, so now you are saying going five over the speed limit threatens lives. I advise you to never leave your house then because this is going on all over the place all the time.
    Going 5 over and "engaged in one little 0 to 50 MPH drag race"
    are very different situations. So now you are saying going 5 over is the same as a '0-50' drag race? I advise you to chose one claim and stick to it.

This thread surprises me, there should be racial histrionics by now so I can post the picture of the mushroom cloud. Here, I will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban DB View Post
    "I bet it was a black guy from Detroit! I hear they are all criminals."
    You are stereotyping!

Quote Originally Posted by Head in the sand Detroitist View Post
    "Crime in the suburbs somehow makes Detroit seem better so I will roll about in gleeful schadenfreude!"
    You aren't helping our region!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    This thread surprises me, there should be racial histrionics by now so I can post the picture of the mushroom cloud. Here, I will help.

You are stereotyping!

You aren't helping our region!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast