Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ronin to open in Midtown, and other openings?

Great news: a new restaurant/bar/lounge, Ronin, is to open its doors in the Park Shelton building in Midtown, corner of Woodward Ave and E Kirby Street.

Just saw the sign yesterday. I'm not sure if this is the same Ronin as in Royal Oak, but I would assume so. This would mean that Ronin would join Wasabi [[next door) and Shangri-La [[Cass Ave) for our fine Asian dining options here in Midtown.

Other openings soon to come include Seva vegetarian cusine, on E Forest Ave and The Raw Cafe on Woodward at E Willis [[I mentioned this in a previous thread). Yay for eastern part of Midtown!! The latter seems like a for sure thing, but I haven't heard any details on the Seva at all.

Do you all think these openings having anything to do with the Midtown Loop? The eastern half is suppose to be finished this year. I think it may have something to do, but it might just have to do with the seemingly high demand for quality Asian cuisine, with new places opening recently. There has also been response to demand for BBQ, after the overwhelming success of Slows BBQ [[ if you didn't already know, Slows is expanding with a new location on Cass Ave). I think this shows how much potential there is here in central Detroit for new restaurants, and that businesses are just now responding to it, after seeing others cash in big time on the extremely short supply/high demand for good dining.

Midtown area is quickly developing more than Southwest Detroit. We need these ethnically diverse businesses to offest the taste and style of ethnic students who are coming to study their very had college material for Wayne State University.

CORRECTION: sorry folks. the name is actually Rodin, not Ronin. I assume it will be an italian place?

It's Rodin [[because of the statue in front of the DIA).

I heard a nightclub was opening there, same owner as GGGTP. True? Same place?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Midtown area is quickly developing more than Southwest Detroit. We need these ethnically diverse businesses to offest the taste and style of ethnic students who are coming to study their very had college material for Wayne State University.
    Should we expect more skinny white, jean wearing suburban youth in this formally "ghetto-hood", now a gentrified "white neighborhood?"

Ghetto-folk like "E" want to know!

DetroitDad Guest

It really is too bad Agave closed. That entire area seems like an up and coming area for nightlife. I'm interested to see what goes in the Woodward Garden Block and Agave Buildings.

Yes, the same owner of Good Girls Go to Paris [[Torya) will be opening Rodin in late Nov/December of this year. Supposed to have a sexy, whimsical, baroque, David-Lynch inspired feel in her words. Really excited for this!