Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What happened to Kerry Birmingham?

I'm not sure if I heard and have forgotten but where in the world did Kerry Birmingham go?
    When did she leave WJBK&why?

From the Michigan Buzzboard:

"I am still here in Metro Detroit and am happily employed doing media relations for the Michigan Education Association. I left Fox 2 last October after one of my daughters suffered her second life-threatening seizure--though I loved my time in television news, I could no longer dedicate 24 hours a day to my job [[slight exaggeration.) My family needs me more.

I do, though, still watch news [[from across the state) with more than a passing interest and I applaud my former colleagues and competitors when they break a big story. I think there are some very talented people in this business and I enjoy the great work they do.

I have nothing but good things to say about the people I worked with at Fox 2 [[and many of the field reporters and photographers I met at WDIV & WXYZ)...and that goes for my radio and newspaper friends I met along the way. Though we all have regrets in our career, I feel lucky to have worked with--and for--so many good people.

I do enjoy keeping in touch with everyone, so I may pop up here from time to time. It's nice to know that someone noticed I was gone, LOL."

Thanks for posting this.
    I'm happy she's still in the area.
    My best to her and her family. I'll keep her dear daughter in my prayers.

Default Birmingham's new job

She is leaving MEA-- , she is now Public Relations for Troy School DistrictPosted on Troy Schools Website, per Troy's website. http://www.troy.k12.mi.us/

Seems as though more and more media folks who were once in front of the camera for the TV stations are landing gigs like this. Emery King, Doris Biscoe, Jerry Stanecki, Mort Crim, and a few others have parlayed their experience in speaking before camera into other careers now. Bravo to them and to Kerry Birmingham as well.