Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Anyone still watching Hung?

Love the Detroit shots and the edgy real life characters, but I gotta say the Pimp character in the Donut Shop is not very realistic and WTF is up with this guy wanting to hook back up with his gold digging X wife? The main character was never portrayed before as an idiot who would do such a thing.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; July-19-10 at 09:15 AM.

We are still watching it. I think they are just trying to portray that Ray is somehow looking back on the decisions he made with his ex and rethinking them. Plus think how it will make the plot twist if she finds out what he is doing. Anyways, we enjoy it even though sometimes it doesnt make that much sense. Once I see him walking down Jefferson, I am hooked!

His kids are the most sane characters on the show. I don't think they look like the freaks they are supposed to be though. The daughter is just an average build but she is supposed to have all these weight issues and joined a fat awareness protest group.

We still watch it, and it is the only show in the Tivo that we actually watch the opening credits everytime [[best part of the show actually).

It would be really cool if they changed the footage for the opening credits every season.

Buy American Guest

^^^^This is probably the last season for this loser.

Watch it, love it and I recreate the opening sequence every day walking up Broadway.

I'm still watching.The story is going off the tracks a little.It's just a case of it being filmed here.His burnt house is up the street from my friend.They never told them what the story line was until filming was underway.

My wife and I watch it every week, along with True Blood.

I'm finding the interest in his ex to be one of my favorite parts of the show as of recent.

Not sure if I would have started watching it if it weren't for the local angle, but I'm hooked now since it's very watchable. I hope it sticks around for another season at least.

I'm still watching. I like the twists in the plot that make it less predictable. And I really like out-of-the-ordinary characters. What street is his house on?

I do love the rivalry between Tanya and Lenore, and the fact that horny Patty is now Tanya's boss is hilarious. I just can't stand to see Ray kiss his X wife's ass.

I really like this series. Yes the local angle helps but overall I think it is a good show. I can't stand Lenore... "Bang, bang, bang, mother fucker" hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Love the Detroit shots and the edgy real life characters, but I gotta say the Pimp character in the Donut Shop is not very realistic and WTF is up with this guy wanting to hook back up with his gold digging X wife? The main character was never portrayed before as an idiot who would do such a thing.
    I don't know if I'm going to keep watching it or if it will last another season. It's too predictable, low budget and safe. Compare him to say David Duchovny's role in Californication. Why can't they throw in a guest appearance with some major actors/musicians? Have him show up to that film festival in Traverse city or whever and meet and sleep with Madonna or someone famous for a show. How about showing more exciting scenes in the city than a bowling alley? Have someone's jealous husband shoot at him. Have him get arrested. Have him show up at a modelling party and end up with a threesome with some models. Where are the fight scenes? Have one of the pimp ladies take a bat to the other's windshield. It's missing that Hollywood thrill, craziness and risk that makes you want to watch it again next week IMO.

I agree Windsor, couldn't put my finger on it, but you did a good job identifying the issue. No action, slow moving plot.

FWIW from the very first episode it's been clear that Ray has never gotten over losing his wife and is still in love with her. Now he finds out she's unhappy so he is trying to get her back.

last season was good, this season just keeps getting worse and worse. and as mentioned earlier in the thread its very slow moving.

You must not of seen the episode where the daughter made her mom driver her to a parking lot with a bunch of other cows to celebrate and protest being morbidly obese.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    His kids are the most sane characters on the show. I don't think they look like the freaks they are supposed to be though. The daughter is just an average build but she is supposed to have all these weight issues and joined a fat awareness protest group.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    I'm still watching. I like the twists in the plot that make it less predictable. And I really like out-of-the-ordinary characters. What street is his house on?
    It's on Colony Drive,West Bloomfield Twp.,Middle Straits Lake.I think its the 6th house west of Alston Dr.,on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Doma View Post
    You must not of seen the episode where the daughter made her mom driver her to a parking lot with a bunch of other cows to celebrate and protest being morbidly obese.

Hey speak for your self there, I think the daughter HOT! Too young for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    It's on Colony Drive,West Bloomfield Twp.,Middle Straits Lake.I think its the 6th house west of Alston Dr.,on the lake.
    Here’s the location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.001177&z=19

From the aerial view, it’s hard to see the old beat up cottage where the main character “Ray” lives, but you can make out his asshole neighbor’s brand new semi-mansion. In the show, it's a running joke that the two dissimilar houses are situated next to each other, and the neighbor is always complaining to Ray about the cottage's appearance.

My wife and I are fans of the show and when were out that way one day last year we drove by the location to check it out. I snapped a couple of pics on my cell phone:

I still watch the show!, Love it!

I loved reading the posts about what other's liked and disliked about the show. It's always fascinating like the gag about people standing in an Art Gallery and commenting what they see when they look at some bizzare expressionist abstract art.