Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Animal Rights Prevail as Civil Rights Diminish!

While I agree, animals shouldn't be subjected to torture and inhumane treatment, I feel somewhat saddened by how they, at times, have more rights than humans!

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=ApMIPsUK6p...08599200368200

they, at times, have more rights than humans!
    You mean they can vote and drive now? But seriously, there is no reason why it has to be one vs. the other. Progress can and should be made on humane treatment of both people and animals.

"Cages will have to be large enough for the birds to stand up, lie down and spread their wings without touching each other or the sides of the cage."

Wow, they are really getting uppity!

Progress can and should be made on humane treatment of both people and animals.
    except for the fact that we eat them

This law is way overdue. Do you know what you're eating when you eat a battery chicken? It's disgusting, it's unhealthy and it's inhumane. For pennies more per pound, we can have our chicken and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Do you know what you're eating when you eat a battery chicken?
    Oh, so THAT'S why they run around with their heads cut off!! They run on batteries!!!! Geeze, nobody ever told me that.

This law is way overdue. Do you know what you're eating when you eat a battery chicken? It's disgusting, it's unhealthy and it's inhumane. For pennies more per pound, we can have our chicken and eat it too.
    You're absolutely right; it is disgusting. Filthy, cruel and extremely unappetizing.
    For a broiler/fryer, they only live 45 days; they are stuffed with food and growth hormones and live in excruciatingly tight quarters, partly so they can't move and remain 'tender'.

It tells a lot about a person on how they treat animals. As a society [[yes I eat meat) we have a loooong way to go before we can even be considered civilized.

I can live with that. I saw the PETA folks protesting in front of a KFC on the corner of Dexter and Davison about a year ago. I am not a full-out supporter of PETA but had to give them a bit of cred for taking on that corner. I hate KFC anyway.... processed junk, they probably do use "battery" chickens whatever that means... if it mean mega profit they are doing it....

they probably do use "battery" chickens whatever that means...
    KFC is known for having some of the grossest practices in the chicken business

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    "Cages will have to be large enough for the birds to stand up, lie down and spread their wings without touching each other or the sides of the cage."

Wow, they are really getting uppity!
    Next thing you know, they'll be demanding TV.

http://nerdfighters.ning.com/forum/t...v-for-chickens

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    It tells a lot about a person on how they treat animals. As a society [[yes I eat meat) we have a loooong way to go before we can even be considered civilized.
    That's because the animals we eat have become commodities. Watch out! Some people are trying to commoditize all drinking water too.

Terry Gross interviewed someone on the fish industry including the Gulf oil spill consequences.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=128512740
    Last edited by maxx; July-19-10 at 11:44 AM.

Most people are more concerned about their pet's welfare than they are about their neighbor's welfare. And they spend more money on their pets than on human welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You're absolutely right; it is disgusting. Filthy, cruel and extremely unappetizing.
    For a broiler/fryer, they only live 45 days; they are stuffed with food and growth hormones and live in excruciatingly tight quarters, partly so they can't move and remain 'tender'.

I HATE this practice.

There is no reason they cannot raise these animals in a humane way yet still provide food for us, except I'm sure it interferes with corporations such as Con-Agra and KFC earning the MAX profit with no regard for the lives of the animals.

littlebuddy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Most people are more concerned about their pet's welfare than they are about their neighbor's welfare. And they spend more money on their pets than on human welfare.
    Its sad watching the old people come in and buy their catfood. There are more kinds of food for cats they most people have for choices I think. But alot of old people and others I am sure, have no neighbor's that care about them, so their cat becomes the center of their lifes. There are plenty of bad practices concerning how we get our food, but I think groups like PETA like the idea that most people don't have a clue how their food is processed[[good or bad) and they can use some really bad practice to condemn all eating of meat.

People in the U.S. eat far more protein than their bodies require. And most of it comes from animals.

http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyon...s/protein.html

• 1 cup of milk has 8 grams of protein
    • A 3-ounce piece of meat has about 21 grams of protein
    • 1 cup of dry beans has about 16 grams of protein
    • An 8-ounce container of yogurt has about 11 grams of protein

Added together, just these four sources would meet the protein needs of an adult male [[56 grams). This doesn't count all the other foods that add smaller amounts of protein to his diet.

I sorta detest KFC. I am not surprised by whatever practices they'd have. Every time I eat their stuff it leaves a horrid after taste... bad service. High prices. If I want some fried chicken occasionally I best make it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    KFC is known for having some of the grossest practices in the chicken business

Interesting npf article link. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    That's because the animals we eat have become commodities. Watch out! Some people are trying to commoditize all drinking water too.

Terry Gross interviewed someone on the fish industry including the Gulf oil spill consequences.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=128512740

Share the planet. God gives mankind dominion over the animals plants and trees. That doesn't not mean abusing or punishing all flora and fauna. They are the ones that keep this planet afloat. Without these things, this planet is DEAD! like Mars and Venus.

WORD FROM STREET PROPHET

Becuase Mercury, Venus and Mars reject God's gift of life, but Earth accepted it.

Neda cares about life and liberty of all Allah's creatures.