Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can you believe this clown??!

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...lets-cut-taxes

My head exploded....

Just cut everything you have.... except in the militairy complex. No wonder politics lost contact with reality.

No need to tell me. He lost me when he said he didn't know how many houses he owned.

As pissed off as I am at Obama, I'm still glad this disgusting piece of shit didn't get in office.

I once respected him, even after he dumped his first wife after she was disfigured in a serious automobile accident and "traded up". At least he walked the walk, and served his country, while others in his party dodged the draft.
    Now, he just seems sad, and very wrong.
    For comprehensive immigration reform, then against it. For campaign finance reform, then against it. Supports the pork in military spending. Can't count his homes. Chooses a VP candidate who is an embarrassment.
    He is not growing old gracefully, and we are better off without him in the White House.

The more he panders to the far far right, the more he looks fake.

No integrity.

He's pandering to the Fox base as well as the retard league.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    As pissed off as I am at Obama, I'm still glad this disgusting piece of shit didn't get in office.
    We dodged a nuke there.

The man clearly is grasping at straws, as he faces his hardest political fight.

The Tea-baggers have targeted him for elimination, he must now face the fight for his political life.

Overall, it's pretty sad how a once proud senator is trying to appeal to the radical, fringe element of his party to keep his job.

It's too bad that this 2 party dominated system churns up 2 unfit leaders every four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    It's too bad that this 2 party dominated system churns up 2 unfit leaders every four years.

Yeah, we haven't had a candidate worthy of the White House in what, 40 or 50 years? And I don't mean JFK either. He'd never survive in today's media environment.

Raytheon is a "small" business? Shit, they are in the bed with the CIA and all sorts of black-op groups out there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Ditto, ditto and ditto. Thanks OR.

So, what's the general feeling...
    Is Romney about the only one on the map that would have a shot of dethroning Obama?

The only gripe against him that I am aware of is the Mormon thing, but seriously, attacking someone's religion is pretty shitty. People freaked when Obama was accused of being a Muslim, and for a flash of a moment after Kerry lost, the Democrats scrambled to show America they could be religious too. Methinks Palin would get destroyed, McCain would be a joke, and don't even think about Jeb Bush please.

Bearinabox Guest

...for a flash of a moment after Kerry lost, the Democrats scrambled to show America they could be religious too.
    Wha? Everybody who attains any significant elected office in this country is expected to wear God on their sleeve. It's hard to imagine a professed nonbeliever having a meaningful political career in either party.

I am more interested in thier moral barometer, thier integrity as a man or woman, and thier ability to tell the truth versus whether or not they are a Baptist, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, or even an athiest.

Bearinabox Guest

I am more interested in thier moral barometer, thier integrity as a man or woman, and thier ability to tell the truth versus whether or not they are a Baptist, Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, or even an athiest.
    That's nice. Your other post was still horseshit, though.

Which one, specifically?

The one about Democrats and Faith? I clearly remember that being a big issue after Republicans beat the Democrats, and polls indicated it was about morality and faith issues, so there was a big push by the Democrats like "hey! we go to church, too!"

That lasted a few months. Long enough for Hillary to talk all Southern in some church speech and some other candid moments. But after the Dems spanked the Republicans in Congressional elections and then to take the White House, the issue of Faith and Democrats went away.

What the hell now are you talking about, Papasito? Now are you trying to sell that Democrats have no religious faith? You really are scraping at the bottom.

Last I read Obama was just endorsed by a few ministers.

Bah bah cut taxes...bah bah no Mosque near [[blocks away) ground zero...blah blah..bomb Iran... Kodiak Isle is largest in USA....aren't you not glad now.... the dynamic duel needs to fad away...[[ i too used to like McCain)....but his handlers killed his vision

So, what's the general feeling...
    Is Romney about the only one on the map that would have a shot of dethroning Obama?

The only gripe against him that I am aware of is the Mormon thing, but seriously, attacking someone's religion is pretty shitty. People freaked when Obama was accused of being a Muslim, and for a flash of a moment after Kerry lost, the Democrats scrambled to show America they could be religious too. Methinks Palin would get destroyed, McCain would be a joke, and don't even think about Jeb Bush please.
    Yes, as of now I think Romney is about the only one. Problem with him is of course he is a Mormon, which I guess was not an issue in Mass. but I sure it will be one if he runs. Another problem is that while the Repubs keep re-inventing themselves and move even further to the right by letting the tea party stake a claim.
    Romney might not be acceptable [[too moderate) to the Repubs. If thats the case I think the Repubs will throw somebody out there to go against Obama but they will really concentrate on the Senate, House and Gov races.

It seems to boil down to who do you vote for that will do the least amount of damage.

What the hell now are you talking about, Papasito? Now are you trying to sell that Democrats have no religious faith? You really are scraping at the bottom.
    holy crap, Orf. it's you who wants to scrape. you seriously dont remember any of this stuff I am talking about? this was a movement within your own [[D) party! were you living under a rock? and you question me about knowledge of history? sheesh.

you seriously dont remember the whole "family values" thing? maybe I can find a few links, even with my restricted internet access here at work, to refresh your memory...

** edit
    Democrats want to convince voters that they are putting their faith in action — and show that Republicans haven't cornered the market on ...
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=93927292
    Jul 31, 2004 ... Democrats want faithful on their side from Deseret News [[Salt Lake City) ... and we've got to show that we are motivated by our faith." ...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...l=&oq=&gs_rfai=

All this went down primarily back in 2004 after Bush II defeated Kerry. Democrats felt they lost touch with the religious voter, and did not show enough when it comes to family values to win them over. It was a close election, and for a month or so after the election, it was all you heard about on all the major media.
    Last edited by Papasito; July-20-10 at 12:32 PM.

Stosh Guest

holy crap, Orf. it's you who wants to scrape. you seriously dont remember any of this stuff I am talking about? were you living under a rock? and you question me about knowledge of history? sheesh.

you seriously dont remember the whole "family values" thing, where Al gave Tipper that awkward kiss to show he was a down to earth lovey dovey kind of guy? maybe I can find a few links, even with my restricted internet access here at work, to refresh your memory...
    Great family values YOU present. Time and bandwidth theft from your employer. I have to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Raytheon is a "small" business? Shit, they are in the bed with the CIA and all sorts of black-op groups out there.
    You hit the nail on the head, GOAT.
    Raytheon's Patriot Missile fiasco is evidence of this. Remember when President Bush I, former CIA boss, declared a "97% success rate" for the missiles?
    Turned out, after hitting friendly aircraft on at least two occasions that we know about, the glowing praise was replaced by silence. MIT and another study found that the success rate was actually below 10%.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast