Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Concert of Colors

CofC was amazing yesterday, especially the Don Was super group. One awesome act after another, but the oldsters stole the show. Andre Williams, Alberta Adams and Kim Weston proved that true soul is timeless. The kids were all right too!

Agreed. A great topper to a fine day of music. Hope to be back again today, I don't want to miss Calvin Cooke.

I greatly enjoyed the Basiks reggae and ska.

Default Drumming in the Streets

Lovin' the diversity of ages, races and music in the 'D'
    Attachment 6834

I had to miss it due to being in the UP, darn. OTOH, I missed the big power outage this weekend. So, did anyone get to see Bill Miller, and if so, what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhugger View Post
    Lovin' the diversity of ages, races and music in the 'D'
    Attachment 6834
    I know that guy in the blue, run into him at Godengate Cafe and in Ferndale. We go back to the Numbers after hrs club days. All in all it was great diverse crowd, no fights, lots of mixed couples, reminded me of Toronto.Great local talent. There should have been a Detroit Yes booth! along the vendor food strip. Anyone catch the belly dancers?

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    CofC was amazing yesterday, especially the Don Was super group. One awesome act after another, but the oldsters stole the show. Andre Williams, Alberta Adams and Kim Weston proved that true soul is timeless. The kids were all right too!
    Did you get good seats. Me and NancyH were able to get a seat in the front row on the far side.There were some unbelievablly nice-open friendly attendees at the show. Cant wait for next year.....

We were about 5 back right smack in the middle. Wonderful.