Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cliff Bells on Playboy's Best

I just heard on Fox 2 that Cliff Bells made Playboy's best bars list in the August issue. I don't have a link; it doesn't seem to be posted on their site yet

LodgeDodger Guest

That is an amazing place.

Yes, it's a really cool place. When I used to go there, they had a nicely finished and polished half of the ceiling, though the other half could stand to be buffed and such. Have they renovated the second half of the ceiling?

Even with the ceiling the way it was, it was a nice place with great atmosphere. I kept waiting for the rat pack to saunter in.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I just heard on Fox 2 that Cliff Bells made Playboy's best bars list in the August issue.
    They know that over at Fox because they read Playboy for the bar reviews.

Is Playboy even a relevant magazine or a news source for anything anymore?

Took some searching, but I found the list:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-98492004.html

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    Is Playboy even a relevant magazine or a news source for anything anymore?
    It has a paid circulation of 1.5 million in the U.S. I would call that relevant.

I really enjoy looking through Playboy magazine for their restaurant reviews.

Does Cliff Bell's ever do any big-band, American Songbook swinging stuff? Or is it all Jazz all the time?

I read Playboy magazine because I like the typography.