Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 46 Guns Stolen from Garden City Gun shop

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/46-guns...in-garden-city

I'm thinking bikers, the Detroit police worked very hard over the winter cleaning the streets of a lot of guns. It looks like there is 46 new clean guns back out there, perfect for your average criminal. It says they ripped the electrical meter off the back of the building, disabling the security cameras, seems pretty sophisticated. I'm thinking inside job.
    Last edited by MysticalHalf; July-17-10 at 04:26 AM.

Why bikers? Why not drug dealers or militia?

Or "undocumented residents", urban gangs, the CIA, or maybe a radical faction of the AARP?

Just because someone is a biker doesn't mean that they are a criminal. No more than all politicians are crooked either.

And no, I'm not a three piece patch holder, have had the honor of the offer a few times though. Stereotypes are not good, the members of this forum know that well.

Yeah, the article INFORMS more thieves or yet another method for breaking in and stealing... remove electrical box. Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalHalf View Post
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/46-guns...in-garden-city

I'm thinking bikers, the Detroit police worked very hard over the winter cleaning the streets of a lot of guns. It looks like there is 46 new clean guns back out there, perfect for your average criminal. It says they ripped the electrical meter off the back of the building, disabling the security cameras, seems pretty sophisticated. I'm thinking inside job.

Old school.

Alarm should've had a battery backup, most of them do...but they are rarely maintained.

Cut phone wires often eliminate the ability to call in to a central station, too, but there are cellular dialers now. Just an added expense that a place like a gun shop most certainly should bear...should be in their insurance regulations and other basic business requirements.

Or it could be a false flag ploy to force some legislation through at the behest of the populace, as they cry out for help when these guns are used for very public crimes. But that is just the conspiracy seeker within me doubting everything.

Cheers

My house alarm has a battery backup and cell connection...seems like that should be a requirement for a gun shop.

Nice work gun shop guy. At least one of those guns is going to kill someone innocent

Gun shops should have the old style hard-wired connection to an alarm panel at the PD in addition to the new technology.

Well whoever in the hell it was, we got 46 more Second Amendment advocates out there roaming around attempting to exercise their rights.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; July-17-10 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Well whoever in the hell it was, we got 46 more Second Amendment advocates out there roaming around attempting to exercise their rights.
    Actually, it might be more like 12 or 13 Second Amendment Advocates. I mean, you have to carry about 3 - 4 guns each, to feel adequately armed. Am I correct?

The only reason I said bikers was because they are known to be gun runners and the crime seemed way to sophisticated for your average street thug.

Inside job for insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Yep, you're right. Anybody that advocates the rights given in the Second Amendment is likely to carry a stolen firearm, exposing themselves to felony convictions and the loss of the right to possess firearms. Sounds like a real fun way to spend a weekend. Stereotypes. Kind of like the biker remark. Another stereotype. Doesn't this forum exist to help tear down the dividing walls between all of the metro area? How can walls be torn down like this?

The guns did not commit the breaking and entering, the perpetrators did. The guns were the targets though. Very idealistic that if all the guns were gone, all crime would end. Guess people have never been assaulted with clubs, lumber, hammers, axe handles, screwdrivers, knives et al.

I cannot name one person that I know whom legally possesses a firearm or holds a CPL that would possess a stolen firearm.

And if ALL firearm possession was prohibited in this country, do you really think that a criminal would turn in a firearm to follow the law? If you believe in that, well, I have a bridge to sell you too........

I saw that story on the news the other day, I doubt pulling the electric meter is going to stop everything.

#1 Most of these places have a DVR camera system, and they are on a battery backup which will provide another 10-15 minutes before the battery wears out. The battery backup used is the same you buy at Office Depot that you would use on a regular computer.

#2 All alarm system have a batter backup, and I think a gun shop would deffinitly have cellular backup

#3 I think there was alot more to this than what they showed on the news. The owners probably didn't want to give the thieves more ideas and they probably have them on tape!

Well stated SH! Many of the gun ranges that the so-called SA types go to [[often the same ones the police use) are not allowing the firing of un-registered guns on their premises. Those with stolen and unregistered "bowling alley" guns have to go to the woods or basements for target practice. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    Yep, you're right. Anybody that advocates the rights given in the Second Amendment is likely to carry a stolen firearm, exposing themselves to felony convictions and the loss of the right to possess firearms. Sounds like a real fun way to spend a weekend. Stereotypes...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KeilsonDriveWell View Post
    Whoever in the hell it was, we got 46 more Second Amendment advocates out there roaming around attempting to exercise their rights.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-18-10 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Inside job for insurance?
    Possibility but unlikely IMO. The guns are serial numbered and on file with the ATF.
    Before 1968, some small caliber rifles [[.22 rimfire) and shotguns could be manufactured and sold without serial numbers. The Gun Control Act of 1968, enacted after the death JFK, eliminated that practice. If one of those guns surface, it will be traced back to that store theft. And if you think the ATF will ignore the recovery of one of these guns, or the investigation into this case, you are wrong.

Ravine Guest

Well, dang, I certainly would like to think you're correct about that.

Yep, you're right. Anybody that advocates the rights given in the Second Amendment is likely to carry a stolen firearm, exposing themselves to felony convictions and the loss of the right to possess firearms. Sounds like a real fun way to spend a weekend. Stereotypes. Kind of like the biker remark. Another stereotype. Doesn't this forum exist to help tear down the dividing walls between all of the metro area? How can walls be torn down like this?

The guns did not commit the breaking and entering, the perpetrators did. The guns were the targets though. Very idealistic that if all the guns were gone, all crime would end. Guess people have never been assaulted with clubs, lumber, hammers, axe handles, screwdrivers, knives et al.

I cannot name one person that I know whom legally possesses a firearm or holds a CPL that would possess a stolen firearm.

And if ALL firearm possession was prohibited in this country, do you really think that a criminal would turn in a firearm to follow the law? If you believe in that, well, I have a bridge to sell you too........
    It was meant to be a stereotype. Facetiously and sarcastically so. Much like your response. I'm a firm believer in Second Amendment rights, being an owner of weapons, myself. I'm making fun of gun nuts who believe a few words in our constitution, entitles anyone to own any weapons entirely unregulated. Saying if all guns were gone, we'd be crime free, is much like saying if everyone had a gun, we'd be crime-free. Your contribution to tearing down the walls is commendable [[Facetious? Sarcastic?......Intentional!) As far as knowing anyone who possess an illegal firearm? Quite a statement you make. I know lot's of people who own firearms. Some are gun nuts, some are hobbyists, some are law enforcement, some are sports shooters. I couldn't and wouldn't tell you none of them own an illegal weapon. I don't ask, except maybe of my closest friends. And for most part, they don't offer. Loosen up and have some fun.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; July-18-10 at 09:07 PM.

Oh I do loosen up, but after so many antis attacking, you get a little defensive.

I am an instructor for a NRA sponsored event, Women on Target. Designed to introduce women to the sport of shooting, and safe handling of firearms. I have done this for about five years at my club. Unfortunately time constraints keep me from working a lot of events, but the ones I do are a lot of fun.

1Kielson, I took your initial post as a anti statement. Sometimes this forum gets a little edgy with posts. And the statement that I made "friends", is very hard defined at least for me. A friend is one that I would give the keys to my house or car to. Acquaintances, that is a different thing. They are at arm's length until they have proven themselves. I stay legal and hang with others in a similar ilk, getting too old to go away.

Oh I do loosen up, but after so many antis attacking, you get a little defensive.

I am an instructor for a NRA sponsored event, Women on Target. Designed to introduce women to the sport of shooting, and safe handling of firearms. I have done this for about five years at my club. Unfortunately time constraints keep me from working a lot of events, but the ones I do are a lot of fun.

1Kielson, I took your initial post as a anti statement. Sometimes this forum gets a little edgy with posts. And the statement that I made "friends", is very hard defined at least for me. A friend is one that I would give the keys to my house or car to. Acquaintances, that is a different thing. They are at arm's length until they have proven themselves. I stay legal and hang with others in a similar ilk, getting too old to go away.
    But I must warn you, I'm a liberal gun owner. I don't like the NRA because they are a monopoly on firearm safety training and lobbying. And they present only one view: guns should be totally unregulated. Sorry, I don't agree with that. There's a sensible middle ground and I don't cotton to the belief that everyone should own one. I'd like to see a NRRRA. National Reasonable Rifle Regulations Association. Actually, it should be the NRFRA. National Reasonable Firearms Regulation Association. There's also no good reason behind the number of handguns on the streets.

There needs to be strict enforcement of existing laws regarding crimes committed with firearms, that we can both agree on. And meaningful sentences when convicted.

I don't have problems with the amount of handguns on the street, just the ones in the wrong hands, with or without CPL's. At least with CPL holders there is a reasonable belief that they will keep their act clean. Unfortunately some do not, they too need to be dealt with in a swift and meaningful way.

And I have more than a few gripes with the NRA, one being that they should quit mailing out "appeals" all the time. And give out Chinese "thank yous" when you donate.

I really agree with that last post Shovel.