Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Cheeks-Kilpatrick Trailing in Polls

Washington -- Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick's chance of winning an eighth term in Congress is in jeopardy as a new Detroit News-Local 4 WDIV poll shows her trailing state Sen. Hansen Clarke by 8 percentage points.

If the election were held today, Clarke would outpoll Kilpatrick, 38 percent to 30 percent.

"She could pull out a win, but the momentum is against her," said Richard Czuba, president of the Glengariff Group Inc., which conducted the poll.

"Seventy percent of the primary voters are looking elsewhere. That's a huge concern for her."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100716/...#ixzz0tuQRTnU2

One can only hope.

Sen. Hansen Clarke would be great for Detroit. He is a good candidate: dignified and respectful, and would be an excellent representative in Washington. Please support his campaign in whatever way you can.

Please let this be true. Although her son trailed in polls too and still won reelection. You have to put the stake through the heart of a Kilpatrick or they are still alive.

I stopped by Clarke's campaign office yesterday which is on Woodward, just north of Atlas. I now have a bumper sticker on my car. I urge those that support Clarke to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    Published polling results influence perception of candidates. Nobody wants to vote for the loser. I would not be surprised if Clarke doubled his lead over Cheeks-Kilpatrick by next week.
    Perception, name recognition, both great for a candidate seeking votes in the D. That stake needs to be pounded by GP & Wyandotte voters also.

Hansen Clarke with ItsJeff at 2005 DetroitYES! forum Picnic.

Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick is losing at the polls because of Yall's boy's KING KWAME who is still in trouble with the law. She will be next to be out of politics and later her husband. The Kilpatrick family name is collapsing and it starts with the son.

WORD FROM STREET PROPHET

Hanson Clark for rep.

Because we need NEW LEADERSHIP in our broken districts for Neda's sake.
    Last edited by Danny; July-17-10 at 10:12 AM.

Oh darn, I can only hope that we are rid of her, really she has done nothing but flap her mouth about what she has done [[not) and for god's sake, 7 terms. Why do we continue to let this go on. She comes out and tells the people she has done this or that [[brought millions to the area for public transportation and yet they continue to cut back on all public transportation, just an example). She as well as most of the long termers really have done little for this area. They should have been doing alot more to protect the workers before the crisis that we have encountered, well before it happened.

Okay sorry about my complaint, but so many of these life time termers are so lax in what they are really doing to solve any problems yet spew nonsense at the people about what they have done. We really need government reform, and Momma Cheeks would be a good start.

Hansen Clarke did nothing to assist me as I attempted to open a business in Detroit a few years ago. Not one damn thing. Not even a return phone call or an underling call me or make a call on my behalf. The result: my venture went down the toilet after much expense and over a year's work. And the building owner, dependent upon my tenancy to obtain a mortgage, lost his building, more than likely as a direct result. I don't consider Clarke to be small-business friendly. After saying all of that, I do think he's preferable to Kwame's Mommy. He is a nice, personable fellow, but I wouldn't work for or donate to him. As far as I'm concerned, the proof 's in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Sen. Hansen Clarke would be great for Detroit. He is a good candidate: dignified and respectful, and would be an excellent representative in Washington. Please support his campaign in whatever way you can.
    I'm in this district. Have no idea who to vote for yet. Can you [[or anyone else) share any legislation that he sponsored that he's gotten passed that benefits our city?

^^^ What matters most is getting rid of the Kilpatrick syndicate.

I believe this is a classic case of where an incumbent was lucky to win [[last time) with a divided primary but the cards are stacked against her this time.

I'd be shocked if she wins. She could lose by 10+%.

The problem with Mama Cheeks is that part of her district is in Grosse Pointes and Harper woods, and the people living in those areas simply will not vote for her.

We tried getting her out last time, but rumor was she paid someone else to run to split the ticket and there was not enough votes.

Hansen Clark seems like he will be a good rep, but this election is all about Mama Cheeks. Your either voting for her or your voting to boot her out of office.

After she is booted out of office, we should send her to go live with her son. Im sure she has done things, and we just don't know about them yet!
    Last edited by CLAUDE G; July-18-10 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    The problem with Mama Cheeks is that part of her district is in Grosse Pointes and Harper woods, and the people living in those areas simply will not vote for her.

After she is booted out of office, we should send her to go live with her son. Im sure she has done things, and we just don't know about them yet!
    These type of comments really disturb me. When did it become OK to judge people by the actions of their relatives or other associates? You've seen absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing on her part, but yet you want her out of office because you're "sure she has done things"? Are you serious?

Judge the lady by her own actions and performance. Also, consider that her seniority in Congress [[155 of 435) yields signficant power, including preference on committee assignments and chairmanships. In spite of that, if you decide she's been ineffective and deserves the boot, then so be it. But do your research and let it be for that reason, not because her son is jack*ss.

Before you respond with attacks . . . No I'm not CCK supporter and I'm not sure I will vote for her. But I'm tired of the juvenile discourse regarding politics and voting matters.

In politics you pay a price for those you hang out with. You are correct. She has no indictment and none in the works that I know of. However her famous 'y'alls boy' defense of her later-to-be felon son and federal investigations into her husband [[and maybe her too) undermine her credibility and the power of her seniority.

As such she becomes a liability to the broader Dem slate who has to be desperately hoping Clarke knocks her out in the primary.

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010...t-gets-up.html

I hope Clarke uses better logic on other matters.

I wonder why he voted against the health budget.
    http://www.votesmart.org/voting_cate...go.x=8&go.y=16

and the health insurance package.
    http://www.votesmart.org/issue_keyvo...3&can_id=19913

and the ag. pollution bill
    http://www.votesmart.org/issue_keyvo...3&can_id=19913
    Last edited by maxx; July-24-10 at 10:09 AM.

There is also another Democrat running for this spot. John Broad, of the Grosse Pointe's.
    I met him recently.

Precisely! Indeed her credibility has been undermined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    In politics you pay a price for those you hang out with. You are correct. She has no indictment and none in the works that I know of. However her famous 'y'alls boy' defense of her later-to-be felon son and federal investigations into her husband [[and maybe her too) undermine her credibility and the power of her seniority.

As such she becomes a liability to the broader Dem slate who has to be desperately hoping Clarke knocks her out in the primary.

Good to hear.

Let's just hope the people who count the votes on election day aren't CCK supporters.

Lowell nailed it. It was CCK and her soon-to-be-indicted ex BK who raised Y'all's Boy and Y'all's Girl Ayanna, who was using the "Kilpatrick Civic Fund" as her personal ATM. Where do you think these two pieces of trash got that whopping sense of entitlement? Who instilled those "values" into them? You reap what you sow and it's clear who did the sowing in this case.

And for the same reasons, Conyers could find himself in a fight for re-election.

One of the items that will possibly doom Cheeks Kilpatrick is her sense of entitlement. I can recall years ago I was downtown on Jefferson when this Black Cadillac was along side of me and the driver was driving as if she owned the road. The driver was Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick and she was going to CAW. She was driving like a bat out of hell and she knew she could get away with it because her son was the mayor.

Hansen Clark is not much, but we have to vote Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick out! She and her family have lived like darn queens and kings while being chauffered around their Caddy's and Lincolns that we pay for with our taxes while the rest of us Detroiters hurt. Vote her out! Let's move Detroit forward!
    Last edited by usa1; August-01-10 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwspartan View Post
    These type of comments really disturb me. When did it become OK to judge people by the actions of their relatives or other associates? You've seen absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing on her part, but yet you want her out of office because you're "sure she has done things"? Are you serious?

Judge the lady by her own actions and performance. Also, consider that her seniority in Congress [[155 of 435) yields signficant power, including preference on committee assignments and chairmanships. In spite of that, if you decide she's been ineffective and deserves the boot, then so be it. But do your research and let it be for that reason, not because her son is jack*s
    I don't think that most people can get past the "Yallz Boy" speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFunr5TAlMA [[36 second mark)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast