Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Papaging Pam

Ravine Guest

Default Papaging Pam

Pam:

You occasionally seem to enjoy some of my more vehement screeds. I started out making a few snide comments on the "CPOP is TOAST" thread [[Discuss Detroit,) and before I knew it, well, let's just say that it happened again.
    It may not be all that amusing to you, but just in case, I don't want you to miss it.

Ravine

I saw it.

Do you have a "screed" err I mean opinion on Neko Case yet?

Get a room!

Get a room!
    Ok, reservations have been made for you and Ravine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Ok, reservations have been made for you and Ravine.
    Oh, you turned it around on me! I see what you did there.

Ravine Guest

Pam, about Neko Case: I pulled up some stuff while here at the computer, and given her sound [[and the little I have learned about her personally, info which was quoted directly from her,) I have the feeling I would like her music.
    The thing is, I don't like listening at the computer, and I don't like checking somebody out by experiencing a little something from here, something else from there, etc. like that.
    Maybe you could steer me to a particular CD which you think is exemplary of her best work, and I can get hold of it and listen to it the right way.

Ravine Guest

And Johnlodge, please knock that stuff off. I know I am partly to blame, and it doesn't bother me, but Pam has already made it clear that she is not amused. Let's move along without it, if you don't mind, which I'm sure you don't.

pam, hello PAM, youve been papaged.......

Maybe you could steer me to a particular CD which you think is exemplary of her best work, and I can get hold of it and listen to it the right way
    Ok, probably either Blacklisted or Fox Confessor Brings the Flood.

Why did JohnLodge pull Pam's pigtails after Ravine pointed out to her how far he kicked the dodgeball during recess?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Cause Johnlodge was being a jerk and picking on Ravine, but Pam was an innocent bystander.

cheddar bob Guest

Put him on ignore!

Ravine Guest

Pam:
    OK, thanks. Sometimes, artists put together an "album" [[LP, CD, whatever) with the idea of the collection of statements combining to deliver one "unified" statement where the pieces are congruent and complement each other. [[Of course, you know that.) That's why I like to take in one whole pie, so to speak. It'll take a while, but it is on my tadoo list.
    Cheddar, good to hear from you. Your absinthe was conflicting us.
    And, I'm not putting anyone on "ignore." Johnlodge is on the good side of Ravine Street. I just wanted to put that one particular matter to rest.