Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default think twice about getting on the bus!

from http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/saucey.busch?ref=ts

"I got jumped by 6 guys on the bus last night. 2 of the guys pistol whipped me until my skull broke. I had to have Brain surgery today. Now I have a steal plate in my head. I'm all fucked up, ghetto ass bastards. I'll never be the same thanks to those guys. All this because they wanted to rob me, for my iPhone and backpack which had a pair pants and shirt. NEVER RIDE THE BUS!"

You may know him from Magic Stick...
    How messed up is it that this is a risk you take when you board a bus in Detroit?? This should absolutely not be allowed to happen-we, as riders, deserve a certain expectation of safety.
    I've felt less secure riding DDOT busses this year than ever. Everytime in the past month I've ridden, something crazy has happened. Not crazy like 'getting my head smashed in by 6 guys with guns' crazy, but situations I'd rather not be around.
    The bus may be a convenient option, but convenience isn't worth your life! Think about that next time you ride, especially if it's later at night.

all that happened the night before and yet he still managed to be OK enough to post this on FB? Wouldnt he still be in the hospital recovering from the steel plate in his head?

something like that happens to me and posting my "story" to FB is going to be the last thing on my mind....I have a hard time believing this "story"

YOU HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVING IT!!! You're clearly ignorant and insensitive, and don't know what you're talking about. I know for a fact it happened, it happened as it was told, and I've seen pictures.

I'm getting a facebook "page not found" error at that link.

Clearly nothing like this will ever happen again once M1 is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Clearly nothing like this will ever happen again once M1 is completed.
    Absolutely right. Thugs avoid steel-wheeled transit like vampires avoid sunlight.

hmmm, maybe a privacy settings issue? I guess you could always FB search Saucy Busch...
    Last edited by Alley; July-15-10 at 01:53 PM.

I feel badly for the victim, but never ride the bus because something bad happened on the bus? Hmm... based on that, more advice:

1. Never drive a car because I once had a bad accident.

2. Never go to the hospital - LOTS of people die in the hospital.

3. Never go inside a house; some houses burn down.

Etc.

that's really stretching it...
    how about "be much more cautious, if you HAVE to ride the bus, because incidents are happening more frequently and it would suck to get caught up"

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    I feel badly for the victim, but never ride the bus because something bad happened on the bus? Hmm... based on that, more advice:

1. Never drive a car because I once had a bad accident.

2. Never go to the hospital - LOTS of people die in the hospital.

3. Never go inside a house; some houses burn down.

Etc.
    I feel bad about how often people misuse the adverb "badly". Buck up though, even Donald Trump made the same mistake when he berated Cyndi Lauper on natonal TV. Silly man came off looking very stupid.

euw . . .I remember riding the Detroit city buses in the '70's and '80's. Booze bottles rolling around, people sleeping at 5:00pm [[tired from work?), the mentally unstable talking loudly but everyone else silent. No one looking at each other . . . guess not much has changed. It's still creepy, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm getting a facebook "page not found" error at that link.
    I had no problem getting to that link.
    Didn't the bus driver try to help or at least stop the damned bus so he could get help? Glad I don't take city transport.

Courtesy of an unmentionable site:

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I feel bad about how often people misuse the adverb "badly".
    This is why your kindly old Prof teaches something other than English

And for all you know, I do feel badly; that is, I'm not very proficient in the art of feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    all that happened the night before and yet he still managed to be OK enough to post this on FB? Wouldnt he still be in the hospital recovering from the steel plate in his head?

something like that happens to me and posting my "story" to FB is going to be the last thing on my mind....I have a hard time believing this "story"
    Do you doubt the picture too?

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Courtesy of an unmentionable site:

Here's to your 'hard time believing this story,' Wintersmommy

Hey guys, is it so hard to think for a second or two before you make a smart ass remark? I don't know this guy well, but from what I do know, he is a really nice guy.

Even if he were a jerk like some of the people making thoughtless remarks in this thread, that wouldn't justify the coldness, lack of compassion, and "blame the victim" crap I am reading here.

Could you just try to think about how you might react if it were your friend who was beaten and be a little civilized in your comments? Or shut the f*** up?

EXACTLY!!! He is a total sweeheart and, although no one deserves this, he REALLY didn't deserve it!

Heal fast and feel better soon, Saucy!

The story still sounds incomplete though. What led up to this? What did the driver and other passengers do? Where the police involved? What route was it on?

I was robbed on buses a few times back in the "bad ol' days" of the '70s, and I got into some some pretty good scraps too, so I have a lot of sympathy for the guy involved here. I can certainly understand why he, and his friends, would be upset and angry and I hope he recovers well. But still, It'd be nice to know a little more context about what happened here before we decide the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley
    be much more cautious, if you HAVE to ride the bus, because incidents are happening more frequently
    Is there any actual evidence for this other than this one incident and your feeling?

No need to jump all over your fellow posters either, Wintersmommy was only exercising some sensible and understandable skepticism about a breathless report, with a dead facebook link, about getting e-mails from someone who it sounded like had just had some serious head surgery. Calling her "ignorant and insensitive" is really uncalled for.

It wasn't a 'dead facebook link'; I had no problem getting to it. And I'd like to know what the driver did, too; from the looks of his head not much. I'm guessing his fellow passengers really didn't want to get too involved with 6 guys, two of whom were wielding guns.
    Talk about blame the victim. Read the paper. This shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    from http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/saucey.busch?ref=ts

"I got jumped by 6 guys on the bus last night. 2 of the guys pistol whipped me until my skull broke. I had to have Brain surgery today. Now I have a steal plate in my head. I'm all fucked up, ghetto ass bastards. I'll never be the same thanks to those guys. All this because they wanted to rob me, for my iPhone and backpack which had a pair pants and shirt. NEVER RIDE THE BUS!"

You may know him from Magic Stick...
    How messed up is it that this is a risk you take when you board a bus in Detroit?? This should absolutely not be allowed to happen-we, as riders, deserve a certain expectation of safety.
    I've felt less secure riding DDOT busses this year than ever. Everytime in the past month I've ridden, something crazy has happened. Not crazy like 'getting my head smashed in by 6 guys with guns' crazy, but situations I'd rather not be around.
    The bus may be a convenient option, but convenience isn't worth your life! Think about that next time you ride, especially if it's later at night.

1. Before or after you got on the bus, did you got some something bad to someone esle? Because if you did you're going to be in whole lot a trouble.
    [[NOTE: Don't stare at an angry tick off black man straight in the face anywhere. He will stir off arguments against you.)

2. Did you got the the city bus or SMART bus during the evening hours? This is time in the hot summers that tramps and theives are looking for those who holds the money and the goods. In case you're were the victim because those tramps and theives got their eyes on you when you did your things.

Street crime is common plague in Detroit ghettoes so be on your guard. The Detroit Police is working very hard to fing those preps.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Neda, I miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    YOU HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVING IT!!! You're clearly ignorant and insensitive, and don't know what you're talking about. I know for a fact it happened, it happened as it was told, and I've seen pictures.
    I assure you I am neither ignorant or insensitive, but you will have to forgive me because I tend to be a bit leary of believing internet tales that have zero back up to them and have elements that seem a bit implausible. I couldn't access your link, and again if it were me I wouldn't be posting on FB the next day.

I sincerly hope your friend is OK nobody should have that happen to them

I assure you I am neither ignorant or insensitive,
    I have a hard time believing this "story".

but you will have to forgive me
    You could try apologizing first.

if it were me I wouldn't be posting on FB the next day.
    Who cares?

I sincerly hope your friend is OK nobody should have that happen to them
    This would be a good initial response to such a post moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    The story still sounds incomplete though. What led up to this? What did the driver and other passengers do? Where the police involved? What route was it on?

I was robbed on buses a few times back in the "bad ol' days" of the '70s, and I got into some some pretty good scraps too, so I have a lot of sympathy for the guy involved here. I can certainly understand why he, and his friends, would be upset and angry and I hope he recovers well. But still, It'd be nice to know a little more context about what happened here before we decide the sky is falling.

Is there any actual evidence for this other than this one incident and your feeling?

No need to jump all over your fellow posters either, Wintersmommy was only exercising some sensible and understandable skepticism about a breathless report, with a dead facebook link, about getting e-mails from someone who it sounded like had just had some serious head surgery. Calling her "ignorant and insensitive" is really uncalled for.
    You didn't notice others managed to work with that link? You didn't notice I mentioned witnessing incidents on the bus more frequently recently?
    2 of the 3 times I rode the bus in the past month:
    1. I was on the #31 and a group of girls started yelling "Hey [girl] hey [girl], I'm going to take that bitches shoes." She ignored them, never even looked in their direction, and they [[along with one boy) jumped on her. The police were called.
    2. I was on the John R bus and a lady boarded, started a very aggressive verbal fight with the driver, threatening that she was going to 'cut up' the driver, a passenger near me, and myself [[I did nothing!). The bus was pulled over and everyone had to get off, until the police arrived.
    Let's not forget when a DDOT driver was stabbed by a passenger in May
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...man-with-knife

I'm not looking to argue, I'm looking to tell you that there definitely ARE reasons you may want to reconsider riding the bus
    Last edited by Alley; July-15-10 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    I have a hard time believing this "story".

You could try apologizing first.

Who cares?

This would be a good initial response to such a post moving forward.
    to avoid this drama in the future, I will just avoid responding to your posts in the future at all
    have a great day

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast