Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Raw Cafe to open on Woodward at Willis

I noticed this a week or two ago, but still noting posted on it... The Raw Cafe is opening its doors in the former C-Pop gallery location on the corner of Woodward Ave and E Willis Street. Previously, Front Page Deli slated to open in that location, but I guess that fell through. Seeing that Midtown Corner Cafe/deli is block up, and seeing how there are so many vegans and vegetarians around Midtown, I think this cafe couldn't be more welcomed.

Here is a quote from the website:

The RAW CAFÉ began as a very successful gourmet raw food meal delivery service in 2007 and has since established a physical location at 4160 Woodward Avenue corner of Willis Street in Detroit Michigan. Raw food is INCREDIBLE at the RAW Cafe-Detroit. You can dine-in or take-out any of our gourmet living cuisine. Our menus are diverse and change seasonally. We offer many different entrees, raw juices, pasta dishes, wraps, pizza, burgers, and “guilt-free” desserts, desserts, desserts! You can dine-in or carry-out a living breakfast, lunch or dinner; any number of our decadent desserts, smoothies, thin and crispy crackers, raw and nutritional books, and so much more! We guarantee you will fall in LOVE with our food.
    http://therawcafe.com/

MMMM Yummy. Thanks.

DetroitPole Guest

Hmm...went by there today with colleagues for lunch to find them now closed on Wednesdays. Too bad their website doesn't indicate that. http://therawcafe.com/
    They had some printout calendar with magic marker written on Wednesdays and some random Sundays indicating they'll be closed.
    Had a friend go there and hate it.
    Not looking good for them. Went to Z's for decidedly less healthy but tasty food and friendly service.
    Won't be trying to try Raw Cafe anymore. Anyone else have any experience with them?

So what exactly did your friend hate about the Raw Cafe? Maybe it was just something they ordered that they didn't care for? If you're a foodie, if you care about your health, if you value nutrition, if you've watched the documentary Food, Inc. and actually appreciated it, i'd say you are likely to eat at the Raw Cafe and to continue to patronize it. I ate there once and had a very good veggie wrap. It's a bit expensive, but to me good, healthful food is completely worth the extra expense. The place is very nice and the owner is very friendly and welcoming. I hope the Raw Cafe can prosper in midtown.

I wish them well.

It was really difficult to catch them during their soft opening... tried three times to no avail, and then it was the holidays and I was out of town. Will definitely drop by this week or early next.