Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Default BURN -One Year On the Frontline [[Detroit)

Tried to watch the trailer, but it doesn't work. Says 'not found'....

Buy American Guest

Sorry, I'll check it out. It seems to be working from my end, try to type in the website and see if that works.

It worked for me.
    Seems to have been made awhile back, any info on how close it is to being finished?

Buy American Guest

It was filmed last year, funding is hard to come by and the City wasn't too cooperative.

It worked for me.

I went Googleslumming down that Robinwood street they mentioned and counted about 53 abandoned houses and only 10 occupied houses in the westernmost block.

I don't think people outside of Michigan realize that it's that bad in Detroit.

Buy American Guest

Don't let this clip get buried within the forum....it's important that this project gets completed and televised.

Very interesting.

Wow, great trailer. I hope you get to produce the full film.

Jimaz, I drove down Robinwood a few months ago [[the two blocks east of Woodward), and I would say that now, there are no more than six occupied homes. It may not even be that many.

Blarf Guest

So is this like the 5th video/documentary that opens with the same 1960's promo piece on the city? Try something different for once people.

kind of ironic that they used the theme from "moon" with a movie about the d
    fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I don't think people outside of Michigan realize that it's that bad in Detroit.
    Maybe in Toledo and such. But no, many of them have no idea.

great trailer. Beautiful shots and film. But what more could be said in a full length documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    So is this like the 5th video/documentary that opens with the same 1960's promo piece on the city? Try something different for once people.

I was waiting for the Cavanuagh filmstrip to catch on fire or something. Would have been a new twist on an overused piece of film.

Thanks for the Robinwood update, cman710.

What a great idea for a movie. It's an interesting, educational subject that hasn't been overplayed. Great sound track. The ice cream truck at the end is pure genius.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    great trailer. Beautiful shots and film. But what more could be said in a full length documentary?
    A lot more hamtown mike...the citizens of Detroit need to know exactly what the firefighters are up against. Right now, there is an arsonist out there and he could conceiveably murder another firefighter. The documentary could follow a particular engine company, noting the lack of equipment to protect the firefighters, the lack of housing and proper plumbing in the firehouses; the lack of concern by the upper crust within the City administration. Safety should be first and foremost and it is not. There are many things that the people should be made aware of and people should become proactive in their communities to prevent arsonists from getting the upper hand in the area. Hydrants are not flushed out on a regular routine because of manpower issues, firehouses are closed because of equipment failures, areas are left wide open to burn before the next nearest engine company can respond. 911 operator shortages....a whole lot more.

I donated and you should, too. This is the sort of film on Detroit that everyone whines about never being created. Well, here it is. Give.

Detroit firefighters are truly unsung heroes, and that documentary deserves support. For every blaze that makes the news, there are literally hundreds that no one beyond sight of the flames knows about. According to Firehouse magazine, Detroit had more than 14,000 fires in homes and businesses in 2007. New York had twice as many, but New York is nine times bigger than Detroit. Detroit firefighters put up with broken trucks every day, and the department takes up to 10 working rigs out of service daily because they don't have the money and manpower for full staffing. Good luck to the folk who are making this film.

Buy American Guest

Keep this thread on top...it's important.

Powerful, well shot and edited. A great sense of "story." If the finished piece is as good as the trailer, this will be a significant work. These firefighters are the thin line of civilization, and they risk everything despite little in return. And the constant daily insanity of people deliberately burning must wear out both heart and mind. Someone needs to get this project a grant through the feds or one of the foundations. It's well deserved.

Had chills through most of the clip, genius! I thought the same about the beginning clip, over used but makes a good point.

Buy American Guest

This would be good for Detroit to get this documentary up and running. Donate if you can.
    Watch The Video Trailer Here: www.detroitfire.org

Five hundred fires responded to by one station in a single month?! I thought all of the fire starting only happens on 'Devil's Night'.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by papillonaquatique View Post
    Five hundred fires responded to by one station in a single month?! I thought all of the fire starting only happens on 'Devil's Night'.
    no - 500 arsons in the city in that one month

Actually devils night has averaged about the same number of fires on a normal night over the last 10 years or so. Things have been getting "hot" around the 4th of July though. Lets hope this is not a new tradition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast