Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Did Great Stuff To Do go bye bye?

I went to www.greatstufftodo.com today to see what's happening downtown on Saturday, but the web site seems to not exist anymore. Did it go bye bye?

It looks like it did. Listd.net appears to be gone as well. [[They've had a "we will return" message on their page for awhile now.

It's a shame, because when it comes to event sites now we only have:

I mean, how can a community prosper with when only have 11 sites that actively promote various events. [[This does not count any of the blogs, by the way.)

and of those sites, frank - how many can we likewise do without?

About half. We'll probably see some more of these sites disappear in the coming months.

some of them surely do a better job than others. some are purely opportunistic, others just want a piece of the action, and others yet make an attempt in earnest. i guess i wish the o.p. hadn't seen a site disappear that he/she had obviously made a connection with.