Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hugh Jackman in Detroit filming a movie

Hugh Jackman in Detroit
    filming "Real Steel" with Evangeline Lilly and Hope Davis

A future-set story where robot boxing is a popular sport and centered on a struggling promoter [[Jackman) who thinks he's found a champion in a discarded robot. During his hopeful rise to the top, he also discovers he has an 11-year-old son who wants to know his father.

Hugh with his son

wife and daughter

Where is that location?

Bearinabox Guest

Looks like DFD headquarters on Larned and Washington Blvd.

Thanks. And no, I'm not running down there to get a good look at Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual View Post
    A future-set story where robot boxing is a popular sport and centered on a struggling promoter [[Jackman) who thinks he's found a champion in a discarded robot.
    Ah. Say again?

Good news for Detroit nonetheless, that's quite a few in a row now.

Several scenes from this movie will be shot inside the former Michigan Theatre.

2 additional films in the near future are planned with interior shots of the Michigan incorporated into the films.

This places the Michigan and the MCS in a neck-and-neck race over the most filmed movie location in metro Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Thanks. And no, I'm not running down there to get a good look at Hugh.

well, i just might

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    well, i just might
    OMG, he is SO hot.

yes he is! and he can sing and dance too

His version of 'Oklahoma' is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Several scenes from this movie will be shot inside the former Michigan Theatre.

2 additional films in the near future are planned with interior shots of the Michigan incorporated into the films.

This places the Michigan and the MCS in a neck-and-neck race over the most filmed movie location in metro Detroit.
    Well MCS is up to be shot for the new Transformers in late this month early August [[that from an inside source). So MCS takes the lead

For up to date info on all the locations shot in Detroit [[and michigan in general) check here:

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/

anyone wanna take a ride to melvindale to get a glimpse of gerard butler? come on...it would be a fun road trip

Robot boxing, hmmmm, did they steal this idea from a Twilight Zone episode where Lee Marvin plays a manager/trainer of a robot boxer?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    yes he is! and he can sing and dance too
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    His version of 'Oklahoma' is fantastic.
    You should see him do the robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Robot boxing, hmmmm, did they steal this idea from a Twilight Zone episode where Lee Marvin plays a manager/trainer of a robot boxer?
    You can hardly blame them, it's such a compelling angle. I often wonder why we don't see more movies and TV shows take place in a future in which robot boxing is the dominant sport.
    Last edited by fryar; July-11-10 at 06:57 PM.

Some of the filming for the movie was done at the old Model T plant in Highland Park also.

Should I know who this is?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Should I know who this is?
    That's what Imdb is for:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413168/

MCS is definitely on for filming, just saw some photos, the floor of the two main rooms were just cleaned up, scrubbed to be more specific. Very excited

Yeah, he's a great guy in person, and a triple threat, as actors call them. I stood by him for a week. I was in the Model T plant filming when the earthquake occurred in Canada. You could hear the the rafters and the building, in general, rumbling. Later that night, I had to drive home through severe weather. A tornado hit somewhere that night.

Strange. A movie about robots, the very things which made so much workers redundant in Detroit.

Everwhere I see it says that T# is being shot in Chicago....

http://transformers-3-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/

they were filming a week or so ago over in GP Farms. This was parked on GP Blvd:

Seems like they could have gotten something better than a concept car from the mid 80s. GM [[or Buick) must have been cleaning out it's storage facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Everwhere I see it says that T# is being shot in Chicago....

http://transformers-3-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/
    Several locations including Detroit.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010062...roit-in-August