Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Unforgettable Detroit

Unforgettable Detroit is a new youtube video I made. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITEt7rQ_obM

Did you really make that? That was very cool.

Too bad that within a mile of those downtown shots you have unforgettable neighborhoods too. Looks like a Chamber of Commerce video.
    Hey if it helps get a few more conventions to come here, I'm all for it.
    I could also get a 2 minute video that makes Beirut look good too.

The quality of your work has noticeably improved over that past couple of years. Nice video, keep it up!

That sure looks good!

Retroit Guest

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who takes crooked pictures.

Thanks everyone. It is nice to see more positive Detroit videos on youtube.

Very nice job, French. much improved!

Stromberg2

Great video. We were down last summer and stayed at the Milner Hotel by the Detroit Athletic Club... not sure what I was expecting but downtown is beautiful. We had no problems walking around and felt quite safe. We even went to visit Wigle Park on John Lodge and met a couple of very nice homeless people who wanted to know if we owned the park. ;-) He's a distant relative of mine who was awarded... oh crap, can't remember which one... he's buried at Arlington Cemetery. His parents are from Canada. My dad grew up in Amherstburg and spent quite a lot of time in the Detroit bars in the 50's. His mother came from Scotland with her family in the 1910's and lived in Detroit... the house they lived in is not in very good shape and wouldn't have made the cut in this video. Sad but I'm always hopeful that Detroit will rebound. Detroit has always held a special place in my heart and watching this video made me smile. Thanks again!

Those sepia toned photos were especially nice.

Blarf Guest

Are you using your own photos yet, French?

very nice ..something to show my firends...here in the deep mid south

They are all my photos, except the Detroit Science Center and one of the greektown photos.