Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Here it is, the Banksy Lawsuit

we all knew it was coming ...especially in a city that has houses for less than the cost of the art.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/detroitnws/detroitnws_ts3080

I'd like to see Bioresource win their lawsuit against Gallery 555 for taking something that was not theirs. Then I'd like to see the City of Detroit sue Bioresource for it's unpaid property tax bill and for all the fires that have been set and responded to by the city's fire department because Bioresource neglected to secure their property. Perhaps the overrated Banksy could be claimed as collateral on the unpaid debt owed by Bioresource to the City.

[QUOTE=eno;162219]I'd like to see Bioresource win their lawsuit against Gallery 555 for taking something that was not theirs. Then I'd like to see the City of Detroit sue Bioresource for it's unpaid property tax bill and for all the fires that have been set and responded to by the city's fire department because Bioresource neglected to secure their property. Perhaps the overrated Banksy could be claimed as collateral on the unpaid debt owed by Bioresource to the City.[/QU lmbao yeah that is tragically comical....

Please, OH PLEASE..... Let this one be on peoples court. PLEASE

Eno, I guess that's important from a pragmatic point of view, their successful assertion ownership of that property.

Because so far, Casab seems like the kind of scumbag who's perfectly happy to profit at public expense.

instant carma!

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    Please, OH PLEASE..... Let this one be on peoples court. PLEASE
    If it's on any court TV show, let it be Judge Judy.

That, Dr. Evil, has already come to pass. Just nuisance and not property taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I'd like to see Bioresource win their lawsuit against Gallery 555 for taking something that was not theirs. Then I'd like to see the City of Detroit sue Bioresource for it's unpaid property tax bill and for all the fires that have been set and responded to by the city's fire department because Bioresource neglected to secure their property. Perhaps the overrated Banksy could be claimed as collateral on the unpaid debt owed by Bioresource to the City.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I agree 100%

I think this whole lawsuit is opening a pandoras box, and think the cleanup costs for the site outweigh what the piece of art is worth.

Chuck_MI Guest

This lawsuit is the equilalent of Kilpatrick claiming 6$ to spare for reparations in the sense that it allows for the actual truth to be exposed.

That yahoo article missed 90 percent of the story, which was "don't wish for too much, you just might get it."

Oh, please oh please oh please oh please.

Ironically, the controversy surround the artwork will increase the value of the piece. But Mr. Casab might want to be careful of what he wishes for. He might draw attention to his derelict property, if it is his, and finally get slapped with overdue code violations.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I agree 100%

I think this whole lawsuit is opening a pandoras box, and think the cleanup costs for the site outweigh what the piece of art is worth.
    The art is worth nothing.............http://www.pestcontroloffice.com/AuthForm_Prints.asp

Being discussed on Craig Fahle show right now...

so Lowell.... any popular position come thru in the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    The art is worth nothing.............http://www.pestcontroloffice.com/AuthForm_Prints.asp
    That art is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    so Lowell.... any popular position come thru in the discussion?
    Everybody came through with a bit stink. The "owner" of the art work since he said he 'owns' the plant ergo the artwork and sued for its return but now says he doesn't own the plant since he would have to demolish or secure it. [He wasn't interviewed but didn't need to be to point out his absurdity.]

The 555 people who ripped off a temporary work of art they didn't own [ergo arguably stole] removing it from its context [ergo arguably defacing it] to 'save' it for humanity[?] or art or... and claim they had no qualms about what they did. They deny they had a financial interest but it still smells funny.

The city building inspection department because they showed that they were totally in a fog about what to do and made it clear they had given up on doing anything until this story broke and still don't know what to do.

All in all very entertaining.

lets auction the piece and use the proceeds to secure the property....... Thanks Banksey.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    That art is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    No it is worth nothing, do some research. If you do in fact buy a piece of his "street art" it is therefor deemed worthless. And if you are the one selling the piece you are frowned upon and also looked down upon.

well, to 555 gallery it was worth at least what they paid to steal, err SAVE it..... Im sure cutting, hauling and framing a concrete wall wasnt cheap. All art has value, and it vaires onlooker to onlooker

Wow that interview pissed me off so much. First off the questions were completely soft, they had no depth, nor did they push any real answers out of those thieves. Second how fucking stupid is 555, you are making profit off of this you are selling t-shirts with the Banksy piece on it and a Scion logo. Finally who the fuck is this Eric character? How does he have expertise and knowledge base on street art and why were these cowards not on the air a few months ago when the three other individuals who had a clue were on? Thought they were in talks with the Packard Plant owners and they were not at liberty to discuss the issue at hand. Lies and bullshit from art thieves........