Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fighter Planes?

Default Fighter Planes?

Does anyone know why the fighter jets are flying over this morning? Its so loud!

Probably for the boat races...

APBA Gold Cup? Thanks for sharing. I was wondering. I hate those flyovers. In the office, we had no idea.

I hate the flyovers too. They sound like they will crash into you at any moment.....although, if that happened, oblivion would occur instantaneously....

Michigan Guest

These flyovers are part of the false flag operation begun last night in Oakland. Lock your doors and stay inside!!

It might have something to do with the annual airshow at Willow Run.

I don't know why they practice over the city, but I was working in 150 W. Jefferson last year at this time and I remember them buzzing overhead then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    It might have something to do with the annual airshow at Willow Run.

I don't know why they practice over the city, but I was working in 150 W. Jefferson last year at this time and I remember them buzzing overhead then as well.
    Not really a practice, The FAA and military would never allow pilots to practice over a major city.

They are part of the scheduled entertainment at the APBA Goldcup Hydroplane races. They are scheduled to perform again at 12:30 on both Saturday and Sunday. It's part of the Navy's recruitment operations. Somehow they think young people interested in very fast boats might just also consider becoming navy pilots.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Not really a practice, The FAA and military would never allow pilots to practice over a major city.

They are part of the scheduled entertainment at the APBA Goldcup Hydroplane races. They are scheduled to perform again at 12:30 on both Saturday and Sunday. It's part of the Navy's recruitment operations. Somehow they think young people interested in very fast boats might just also consider becoming navy pilots.

True, true. That is why they have them practicing over Detroit instead of Chicago.

bartock Guest

I'm walking down Fort Street during lunch during one of the flybys, and everyone on the street is looking up. One of the regular beggers [[not the skinny white guy with glasses whose route goes from WSU to the stadiums to Eastern Market...I would love to start a thread on him) scowls at me and says "all you white people looking up at the sky. It's nine miles away by the time you hear it." Don't know if it's true, but I said "good point, my friend" to him anyway.

annnnnooooyyyyinnnngg.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    I'm walking down Fort Street during lunch during one of the flybys, and everyone on the street is looking up. One of the regular beggers [[not the skinny white guy with glasses whose route goes from WSU to the stadiums to Eastern Market...I would love to start a thread on him) scowls at me and says "all you white people looking up at the sky. It's nine miles away by the time you hear it." Don't know if it's true, but I said "good point, my friend" to him anyway.
    Hah! Yes I have been hearing them too here at the office on Beaubien & Lafayette. We've been looking outside but, as he says, they're long gone by the time you hear them.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    That's hilarious!

It's maneuvers for the ongoing war against Livonia.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post

The guy with the green jacket? My son who attends UM said that bum came out to A2 for awhile last year [[I think during Hash Bash) and all regular homeless out there really hated him and kinda ran him out of town. He's way too aggressive for A2.

That my friends, as annoying as it may be is the sound of freedom!

I LOVEEEEEE them...about 15 of us were glued to the windows watching them and making bad jokes and references to Top Gun

Love it. Saw an A-10 pass low and fast over the house Wednesday. Awesome sound and fury.

Pretty good video/sound example at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17h04...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Amen to that!!! My daughter lives near Selridge and I love those A10's flying over!!! They are bad ass machines.....God Speed Pilots!!

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    The guy with the green jacket? My son who attends UM said that bum came out to A2 for awhile last year [[I think during Hash Bash) and all regular homeless out there really hated him and kinda ran him out of town. He's way too aggressive for A2.
    Yep. He knows the timing and the spots. He hits all the lawyers coming out of the Ford Garage on Friday mornings too. "I'm not crazy or on drugs...just gonna get some Coney Island, please sir." When he's talking among some of the other homeless, the guy sounds different. I've been seeing him now since my Wayne State days 12 years ago. My theory has always been that he drives to his home in Birmingham at night.

You think those jets are freaky ? Check this out....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTHWBSluUjU

The sound of freedom? I think of it as the sound of intimidation. My freedom as a U.S. citizen was so terribly abridged by the "Patriot Act" that I can no longer take any sense of security from a governmental display of force.

I believe your "sound of freedom" is more correctly defined as the sound of profits for the companies that feed off the government. Haliburton comes immediately to mind, there are many, many more.

Thanks Detroitnerd.Fuck ya is now stuck in my head as 13 of us are having a BBQ at my house this evening.But ya gotta admit,an A-10 yankin and bank,popin flares and rolling out to spray some depleted-uranium 30mm on some well deserving folks gets us moist and stiff!

mackenzie68
    Without honest selfless patriots like yourself in this country we would all be praying at the alter of Haliburton... thanks for your service as a citizen soldier and keep up the good fight against the military industrial complex. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    From 1991 to 2001, I lived in Hampton, VA very close to Langley AFB We had jets going around and around 24 X 365. When anyone complained, they were told it was "the sound of freedom".

Selfrige used to be pretty active until we quit worrying about Soviet manned bombers. They stationed interceptors there up into the 70s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast