Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Packard Plant to be demolished?

http://detnews.com/article/20100709/METRO01/7090369

So, the owner comes forward to sue over the Banksy work that was stolen, then promptly denies ownership again. Interesting.

I have a cunning plan.

Get Banksy back! This is very interesting. Art as a means to settle a dispute. I love it.

Thank God. That place just needs to go.... Sorry, it is historic, impressive, a wonder of a ruin, the first of its kind in the industrial world. But it just needs to go. Amazing that Banksy may be the whole reason some real action on this property is eventually taken.

Let him canvas the MCS! [[Wait... we know who owns it. )

Here's my prediction: Nobody is going to demolish the plant. It will continue to burn and be scrapped until it is reduced to a pile of smoking rubble. Too bad Mike Ilitch never saw it as potential competition; it would have been bulldozed years ago.

Packard plant to be demolished? Ha, ha, I've been hearing that for a half-century. Detroit can move in over night to tear down landmarks and historic buildings but they can't seem to manage taking down one of the most dangerous buildings and worst eyesores in the world.

Do you think we can get Banksy to put some 'art' on Casab's Commerce Township home? He has made it clear that he believes it is valuable art so he should be very happy to come home one day to see that Banksy adorned his home with some art.

save us much of Packard as possible, then transform it into RIC x 10

YAY!

It's going to be more bureuacratic mumbo jumbo before the Old Packard Plant be torn down to a urban prarie nothingless.

I'd honestly like to see the buildings fronting Grand Blvd & the skybridge remain, but the rest can go.

The city's talk of demolition is laughable, but is there still enough scrap within the plant for a company to tear it down and cart everything away and sell it, like in the case of Tiger Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornwrecker View Post
    I have a cunning plan.
    So, are you suggesting 555 are in cahoots with Banksy, or just his unwitting dupes?

"I remember when all this was trees"

And it may be again, thanks to Banksy, wittingly or unwittingly.

It's a great story any way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    "I remember when all this was trees"

And it may be again, thanks to Banksy, wittingly or unwittingly.

It's a great story any way you look at it.

Dang, you took that thought right out of my mind.

It would be, possibly the ultimate irony. Who knows, maybe Banksy is even more clever than people give him credit for, lol.

If all goes well, this will go down as a textbook example of the power of art as social activism. It may turn out as if that meager little boy with the paint bucket tore the whole place down after all the adults failed for so many years. I foresee counterfeit Banksies appearing more often now.

Casab is one slippery dude. Sues for return of the Banksey graffiti and when asked if he owns the property states, "I don't know what you're talking about." LOL! Only in Detroit.

Seems strange to me that the city couldn't have pressed the owner of record to tear the complex down, or torn it down and billed the owner. I can't believe the ownership of this property is this muddled. The city should have records of the last transaction of purchase?

Shameful, just shameful. Casab is a real bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Jackson View Post
    Seems strange to me that the city couldn't have pressed the owner of record to tear the complex down, or torn it down and billed the owner.

Kinda hard when home boy is in Prison for Ecstasy

Casab has been rumored to be owner of the plant for years. But prior to the lawsuit, the only owner or agent of Bioresource on record was Dominic Cristini, who is in prison in California on Ecstasy charges.
    Who would have thought the place we threw raves in the 90's would be owned by a guy doing a stint for selling E, hilariously Ironic...don't you think?

oops, I looked for a banksy related thread title before i started the other thread, oops I see the article discussed both tho. SO someones BUSTED,,,,,,, I still vote for this being Heard by Judge Marilyn Milan on peoples court. I so want to see her so BS approach on this.....

Focus313--the individual busted for selling E was not an owner, but a manager for the owner, it's a long, drawn-out story that defies telling here, it would make a fascinating book.
    The City of detroit caused the plant to be in the condition it is today, they should pay for the demolition and call it good. If they end up with the 42 acres, fine--it will sit fallow for decades before anything meaningful is built there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    The city's talk of demolition is laughable, but is there still enough scrap within the plant for a company to tear it down and cart everything away and sell it, like in the case of Tiger Stadium?
    Thats what I was going to suggest. We should call Farrow Group and have them do the demo for free just like they did with Tiger Stadium.

I really find it hard to believe there was that much scrap steel in Tiger Stadium to make it worth while for a company to do the Job for free.

Tear that Sh*t down. OK, I just said that because I never got to before.

Chuck_MI Guest

Property taxes have not been paid for over ten years for the Packard plant property. The city or the county or the state owns this property. They need to step in and have a tax sale, a foreclosure, or whatnot.

I think the City should just declare it condemned & tear it down and worry about any consequences later. What can Casab say "I own it", "I don't own it"? How can this flip flopping hold up in court? I personally am tired of looking at this dump on my daily commute.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast