I recently checked out Google Earth 5.2 [[which was recently updated) I was browsing the area, and I realized that the new horse track by I-275 was there and that the image quality for our whole region was spectacular and that the whole area was updated. I also noticed how baron Detroit is looking compared to the 2007 images in the historical imagery part. Its sad but alot of the neigbhorhoods are pretty awful and maybe a cleansing of the city would help. The east-side is far gone and the west side is heading in the same direction, don't get me wrong there is nice areas of the city but its 60% abandoned property. I suggest everyone checks out how the city looked in the 40s, 50s and 60s, its amazing how prosperous Detroit use to be. Below is the link to Wayne State historical aerial imagery. You will need Adobe Reader, they are in .pdf file format. I spent hours today checking out our whole area comparing it to the old aerials, its great to think back to a time when at its peak in the 1950s, the city was the fourth-largest in the USA.

http://www.clas.wayne.edu/photos/ap_index.htm#wayne