Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nice to see some recognize and accept unique work. Did hear that some dufuss family tried to "rock climb" and Django knocked down structures so the kids wouldn't hurt themselves.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Nice to see some recognize and accept unique work. Did hear that some dufuss family tried to "rock climb" and Django knocked down structures so the kids wouldn't hurt themselves.
    I can't help but say I told you so. DJ needs to find a quick way to rebar his creations somehow. Diamond tip drill may do the trick?

Im not about to do any permanent work on Belle Isle unless of course I'm commissioned. That incident Sumas spoke of was years ago when two guys came down with a little girl and tried to set me up to pay them off claiming they got hurt. One of the guys actually knocked himself in the head with a rock and claimed my stacks fell on him. I was pissed, it was so obvious what they were doing and they had the little girl in on the act too. They would sit down directly next to the stacks or in the center of a few of them. I would ask them to please dont sit right next to them cause one could fall and its just common sense not to play near them. They ignored me so I had to follow them around knocking down every one they sat down next to. When I turned my head the little girl started crying, on cue, that one fell on her also [[no real tears, no marks). The head Ding Dong started talking about compensation, I lost it and called them out showing them the certificate of appreciation from the city for "Doing My Part" and explaining that if they think their going to get some money out of me they were crazy cause my life savings consisted of the few bucks in the hat I had laid out on the ground. If they wanted to sue the city I told them to go right ahead but they were not fooling anyone. I also told them they would be wasting a starving artists time because I would be right there in court explaining what actually happened. That pissed them off and they finally left. I went back and re stacked all the ones I had to knock down. Thats the closest to a lawsuit I know of in the ten years Ive been stacking.
    The whole episode really did crack me up in the end because that dude really did take a rock and knocked himself in the forehead leaving a big red mark and scrape. I was dying to know what he told his friends when they asked him "what the fuck happened to yo face"

Its very obvious that you shouldn't go messing with them, just as obvious as it would be to not go running through the woods blindfolded. Would you run through the woods blindfolded Stosh then try and sue someone cause you hurt yourself?
    Have you been down there lately Stosh? Have we met? Were you the dude who hit himself in the face with the rock? You kinda of remind me of him, in a pain in the ass sort of way.

Stosh Guest

No, I'm not that fucking stupid. Why should I remind you of him? Just because he happened to realize a easy mark? That you looked like someone that they could glean beer money from? I may be a pain in the ass, but at least I can honestly say that your story truly exemplifies my example. I've been down there countless times, and I don't go looking for the rock stacks either.

I make a simple fucking point about liability in a public space and you get all pissy. Whatever.
    Last edited by Stosh; August-03-10 at 10:36 PM.

Im willing to leave it at that.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Im willing to leave it at that.
    Fine with me. It's a dumb argument anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Fine with me. It's a dumb argument anyway.
    So dumb you had to make seven posts about it?

Ok, Im really done this time

As far as the Heidelberg, I dont understand how anyone could consider it a destroyed street. It was destroyed years ago during the crack epidemic in the 80s. Today the block is vibrant with visitors constantly stopping to get out of their car and look around and enjoy the creations. Its clean as any street in Detroit. Tyree is the goddamn hero of Heidelberg Street in my opinion. If Detroit had one Tyree for every square mile of the city we would have very little blight that would need to be torn down.

Im slightly buzzed so I might remove this in the morn, but like my ex love says, a drunken mans words are a mans honest words. sumpin like that.

Stosh Guest

So dumb you had to make seven posts about it?

Ok, Im really done this time

As far as the Heidelberg, I dont understand how anyone could consider it a destroyed street. It was destroyed years ago during the crack epidemic in the 80s. Today the block is vibrant with visitors constantly stopping to get out of their car and look around and enjoy the creations. Its clean as any street in Detroit. Tyree is the goddamn hero of Heidelberg Street in my opinion. If Detroit had one Tyree for every square mile of the city we would have very little blight that would need to be torn down.

Im slightly buzzed so I might remove this in the morn, but like my ex love says, a drunken mans words are a mans honest words. sumpin like that.
    Yes DJ, 7 posts. 8 now. It's stupid because no matter what I say it won't make a bit of difference. The point I was attempting to make is like a quote from somebody, "never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" and that's a fact.

Honestly... one Tyree per square mile? Kind of the civic equivalent of a clown car.
    Last edited by Stosh; August-05-10 at 10:35 PM.

If you prefer burned out houses and shooting galleries thats your choice, Id prefer a clown car village.

Maybe I should rephrase that last post. One person like Tyree per square mile, one man or woman that would be willing to do so much.

I love what the mans done with what he had. You may have a white picket fence which many ppl admire, I think there pretty boring.

Im beginning to feel like one of two imbeciles in a cage match.

In all honesty the rock stacking is a bore for the most part. Its been done, I should have moved on to a new project a long time ago. I imagine Ill always get the urge to put up a few because ppl get a kick out of them.

LodgeDodger Guest

[quote=Django;170732]In all honesty the rock stacking is a bore for the most part. Its been done, I should have moved on to a new project a long time ago. I imagine Ill always get the urge to put up a few because ppl get a kick out of them.[/quote]

It also lets Maw know you're okay...

Stosh Guest

If you prefer burned out houses and shooting galleries thats your choice, Id prefer a clown car village.

Maybe I should rephrase that last post. One person like Tyree per square mile, one man or woman that would be willing to do so much.
    That is better. While I don't admire his work, I do admire that he actually does something, versus being all talk. I suppose that the rock stacking is also "something" as well, for what it's worth. They are actually reasonably attractive, but, as you know, with their problems.

I love what the mans done with what he had. You may have a white picket fence which many ppl admire, I think there pretty boring.
    Yes, they are boring. But generally people LIKE boring, versus having a home next door painted neon purple and yellow, or something like that. Interior spaces can be to your own tastes, why inflict your choices upon others? Art is art, but it's subjective.

Im beginning to feel like one of two imbeciles in a cage match.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, and by reference, myself.

In all honesty the rock stacking is a bore for the most part. Its been done, I should have moved on to a new project a long time ago. I imagine Ill always get the urge to put up a few because ppl get a kick out of them.
    Judging by the responses here, maybe you should go up to Sumas and Lodgedoger's houses and throw a few up there for their enjoyment. Maybe a few in front of Lowell's house as well? Private property is better.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    That is better. While I don't admire his work, I do admire that he actually does something, versus being all talk. I suppose that the rock stacking is also "something" as well, for what it's worth. They are actually reasonably attractive, but, as you know, with their problems.

Yes, they are boring. But generally people LIKE boring, versus having a home next door painted neon purple and yellow, or something like that. Interior spaces can be to your own tastes, why inflict your choices upon others? Art is art, but it's subjective.

Don't be so hard on yourself, and by reference, myself.

Judging by the responses here, maybe you should go up to Sumas and Lodgedoger's houses and throw a few up there for their enjoyment. Maybe a few in front of Lowell's house as well? Private property is better.
    He's most welcome to stack rocks at Casa Lodgedodger.

Stosh, actually, this thread has become quite funny. Now you attack LD, myself and Lowell. Like LD, Django is welcome to create art at my home anytime. He is ready apparently to try new mediums so give your rage a rest.

Salutations to LD, your support on line while we went through Home hospice with a dear dear friend is still greatly appreciated.

We have lost several friends and family this year. Silly on line spats pale in comparison. No doubt you should just agree to disagree. We see art, you see danger.

Stosh Guest

Stosh, actually, this thread has become quite funny. Now you attack LD, myself and Lowell. Like LD, Django is welcome to create art at my home anytime. He is ready apparently to try new mediums so give your rage a rest.

Salutations to LD, your support on line while we went through Home hospice with a dear dear friend is still greatly appreciated.

We have lost several friends and family this year. Silly on line spats pale in comparison. No doubt you should just agree to disagree. We see art, you see danger.
    Nobody is attacking you Sumas. But, as usual, it's all about you, isn't it.

Absolutely, I am just some whiney bitch who opines uselessly about Detroit issues. My opinions, comments of gratitude etc. pale into insignificance next to your wit and words of wisdom.

I think I will get a T-shirt printed. In glowing flashing neon colors it will say, It's All about Me. In very small letters it will say "per Stosh". I'll be sure to wear it at community meetings, presentations to Council regarding civic affairs, neighborhood meetings, area clean ups, donations to city non profits, etc.

Oh dear I seem to have become too fond of using Etc.

Please list your civic contributions of late, Stosh. Cutting your grass doesn't qualify.

Stosh Guest

Absolutely, I am just some whiney bitch who opines uselessly about Detroit issues. My opinions, comments of gratitude etc. pale into insignificance next to your wit and words of wisdom.

I think I will get a T-shirt printed. In glowing flashing neon colors it will say, It's All about Me. In very small letters it will say "per Stosh". I'll be sure to wear it at community meetings, presentations to Council regarding civic affairs, neighborhood meetings, area clean ups, donations to city non profits, etc.
    Exactly, thanks for recognizing that fact.

Way to chest thump. Please do wear the shirt. It would benefit me to no end, because it would denote to me that I could recognize you from a distance, and steer clear of you.

Make the letters bigger. Per Stosh, that is. I want credit as a chest thumper too.

And naturally you fucking know nothing of what I do, or what I have done. Unlike you, I don't wear my acomplishments on my sleeve, nor brag about my charitable acts. I'd be tempted to relate the Bible story about the Pharisees, I think but that's too long and tiresome to look up and a waste of time for the likes of you.
    Last edited by Stosh; August-08-10 at 06:01 PM.

Stosh Guest

Oh dear I seem to have become too fond of using Etc.

Please list your civic contributions of late, Stosh. Cutting your grass doesn't qualify.
    And way too fond of the use of I, me, mine, too.

See above. Piss off.

This is way too much fun. Stosh baiting.

Just back from church so to be kind have a blessed day.

Stosh Guest

Funny that you mention coming from church.
    Here's some Bible quotes for you.

Psalm 10:3
    For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.

Psalm 52:1
    Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.

Romans 11:18
    Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Ephesians 2:9
    Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And finally this one.

Matthew 6:1-8 [[King James Version)

Matthew 6

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

LodgeDodger Guest

I didn't view it as an "attack". Sorry. I like Stosh and his views can be refreshing.

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

Stosh Guest

You already did judge me. So you get what's coming to you. I hope you enjoyed today's sermon. Check back next Sunday for another homily.

Homily also described as lecture, sermon, talk, speech or discourse. A bunch of Bible quotes do not make for a sermon. I did read them however in quiet and serious contemplation.

I am sorry you feel that I am in effect a bragart and a self pitying pompous fool. Perhaps I am. The Lord will judge. But you, Sir, portray yourself as a bully who ends many posts with vulgarities. So I guess we are even in our mutual contempt.

As I recall, in the course of this thread, I said, let's agree to disagree and even wished you a blessed day. The artist is moving on and so should we!

I have no wish to carry on a silly verbal thread vendetta. This thread is supposed to be about art and peoples perceptions of art. The Heidelburg Project has some amazing found glass artwork. Saw pictures but need to view it in person.

Stosh Guest

Homily also described as lecture, sermon, talk, speech or discourse. A bunch of Bible quotes do not make for a sermon. I did read them however in quiet and serious contemplation.

I am sorry you feel that I am in effect a bragart and a self pitying pompous fool. Perhaps I am. The Lord will judge. But you, Sir, portray yourself as a bully who ends many posts with vulgarities. So I guess we are even in our mutual contempt.

As I recall, in the course of this thread, I said, let's agree to disagree and even wished you a blessed day. The artist is moving on and so should we!

I have no wish to carry on a silly verbal thread vendetta. This thread is supposed to be about art and peoples perceptions of art. The Heidelburg Project has some amazing found glass artwork. Saw pictures but need to view it in person.
    I'm no bully sumas. It's a defense mechanism. Remember who initiated this conversation? Hmm? Let's see:

I merely made suggestions, you made it personal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast