Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LodgeDodger Guest

Default Our little rock stacker is back

Someone's been doing a lot more than just swimming on Belle Isle...

I love his work! He can do a sculpture for me anytime.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I love his work! He can do a sculpture for me anytime.
    For free I suppose.

Sumas and Lodgedodger are personal friends with whom they speak.

He can add one to my garden anytime, I'll buy the cheap beer and find broken concrete for him.

Good to see you back my friend, let's find some time to have a beer soon. Or get Gannon to bring you down to my house. I could use some ideas for adding art into my garden.

Where did that snipe come from? For the record I do know the name of the sculptor and really love the work. I bill for my landscape services and expect to pay for services I retain. I pay cash and pay prompt when service is rendered. I believe in maintaining my property and my handyman is happy to come quickly when I call. He is $1278 plus dollars richer this year due us. In March, he vastly under quoted a plumbing job and we voluntarily paid him for his time over run.

I do do some bartering. In fact I am trading a dirt bike for a lawnmower this Friday. If that makes me cheap than so be it.

Might not make or have buckets of money. But we have zero debt which few others can claim. In fact friends with great jobs but huge debt borrow from us.

I am not so much offended as curious. What ticks you off. My call out for a dog for a depressed child, my wanting to barter a caste iron Pot bellied stove for some home repair???

2009/2010 have been rough years for us, supporting a friend in Home Hospice through his death, my Mom's Altzheimers, we are the care givers and my husbands diagnosis of Parkinson's. I have found good advice and support on this forum. Love the laughs, the links, the wit, the photos, the information and hope for the most part I contribute something back.

There's one right outside the newspaper building. Made of cinder block. Very cool. I can add a photo after work.

Where did that snipe come from?
    This poster has a repeated history of trolling. Ignore him.

Thanks Pam, really just curious why he/she is so mean spirited. Dead serious, the people on this forum really lift my spirits. So thanks all and thanks Lowell.

Michigan Guest

Pam, I still am not talking to you after what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    Pam, I still am not talking to you after what you said.
    Oh you, and your fake hissyfits. Ha. Ha.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Oh you, and your fake hissyfits. Ha. Ha.
    Well at least I can still make you laugh. Maybe we can save this relationship, what do you think, should we try?

Stosh Guest

Where did that snipe come from?
    I used to host snipe hunts a while ago. Sounds like some are still doing it here, although electronically.

We were looking for Richard Gere [[who is filming a movie at the papers) and I found this artfully arranged pile of cinder blocks.

Did a truck hit it??

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    We were looking for Richard Gere [[who is filming a movie at the papers) ...

I hope this was on your break time and not when you were being paid to work.

Old school from the 'Slices of Detroit' banner series. It was ridiculous the the city knocked them down. Some were very sophisticated and beautiful -- much better than the Banksy.
    Attachment 6774

Another version of LodgeDodger's site from last week with the Lake St. Clair lights.

How does he do it? Superglue?

LodgeDodger Guest

No, he just balances them. In the first season of "Hung", [[in one scene that quickly sweeps the riverfront) shows one of the rock formations.

They were, sadly, gone this evening, except for one. I was excited to see them return, and looking forward to seeing more.

I find them hauntingly beautiful. In an odd way they remind me of the Indian legends that surround the island. Ephemeral perhaps, but that makes them more enchanting.

The city should hire him, not knock down his work. But sadly they didn't understand the Heidelburg project either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    How does he do it? Superglue?
    No, actually, I think he uses MightyMendIt.

Stosh Guest

I find them hauntingly beautiful. In an odd way they remind me of the Indian legends that surround the island. Ephemeral perhaps, but that makes them more enchanting.

The city should hire him, not knock down his work. But sadly they didn't understand the Heidelburg project either.
    I'd bet that lawyers find them attractive as well. Just the ticket for a juicy civic lawsuit.

Maybe you can stack some at your house? Whatever happened to the art colony?

LodgeDodger Guest

I like the fact that the show up here and there. It's a way I know he's out and about.

Ravine Guest

The city's treatment of the Heidelberg Project: how do you infer that "understanding" had relevance to that treatment? Further, what is it that needed to be understood?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast