Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Whats goin on with the Grand Trunk Building?

They've been removing large motors and or generators from the basement for the past few months. One rumor was they want to turn it into a youth correctional facility but that just doesn't sound right. Maybe nothings going on with it. There was a lot of metal down there in the basement but was flooded for years until recently when they broke through the North wall to the basement and removed most of the metal. I assume they pumped out the water. Being right next to the incinerator I would think the property is not worth much.

The cold storage building?

It's hard to imagine it being used for much of anything. Huge sections of the floor have collapsed, and it smells like it's still full of rotting food. From the outside, it does look like it would make a pretty good maximum security prison...

Are you sure you have the name of the building correct? I drove by the Grand Trunk Warehouse on Ferry a couple days ago and didn't notice anything going on.

Michigan Guest

Oh there has been plenty going on.
    I recently saw several thousands of pounds of aluminum.

Ohh ok, my mistake. I wonder what exactly is going on there!

Any pictures of the going ons ?