Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Help me ID this Garden Party.

So I was driving up woodward to ferndale the other night. I was in somewhat of a shady area, and I saw this neon blue sign on the right hand side. I think it might have said "IVY" or something like that. As I drove by, I caught a glimpse of this elaborate garden party. Seemed almost like the whitney. Everyone was dressed up, nice atmosphere etc. Can any one help me id it?

Toolbox Guest

Ldv.......

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitrbychoice View Post
    So I was driving up woodward to ferndale the other night. I was in somewhat of a shady area, and I saw this neon blue sign on the right hand side. I think it might have said "IVY" or something like that. As I drove by, I caught a glimpse of this elaborate garden party. Seemed almost like the whitney. Everyone was dressed up, nice atmosphere etc. Can any one help me id it?
    North of 6 Mile, on the east side of the street? Is it possible the sign said "ldv"?

La Dolce Vita. Nice place. Check it out sometime.

La Dolce Vita has a beautiful outdoor bar/garden. Great place to go on a nice summer night to have drinks, and listen to music.

That's got to be it. It used to be a gay place called Salute's. Peter Mell opened it. Peter now owns a resturant in Ferndale called Peter's something. Great place to eat.

detroitchef Guest

Matteo from Il Posto just made the move to Dolce Vita. Apparently the guys who also owned Pi have decided Il Posto is not ever going to be what it was, and have sold it to some Albanian who is making it into a 'Disco' Yeah, that's gonna end ell. Pi is staggering along and Matteo seems happier at Dolce.

Have to check out that garden party there, since the 'New' Whitney garden parties sucketh mightily now. Last summer was a complete joke. Bands sucked, food sucked and the drinkies were sucky.

Oh, great. Thanks for clearing up that mystery. I was driving on Woodward and saw something there and didn't care to circle around and actually look at it. Now I know what's there and never have to actually investigate.

A few other questions:

Didn't there used to be streetcars in Detroit? I thought I saw some tracks sticking out of the road.

Has anybody thought of doing anything with the old train station?

What is the building off of I-75 between Eight Mile and Mack. It's big and it says something like "Russel's Center" or something.

I was at Comerica Park and I saw some old empty building. What's it called?

SATIRE SATIRE SATIRE SATIRE SATIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    SATIRE SATIRE SATIRE SATIRE SATIRE
    There is too much sarcasm in that email for me to know who you are making fun of.

I hardly venture north of west grand [[except to go to that russell thing), but will check out LDV. Is it nice enough to score me some poon tang if I bring a girl there? hahah

I'm not making fun of anybody in particular. I do it less than I used to, but from time to time I'll make fun of a few things on this board, viz. how people do tend to post the same questions and to post questions that a little bit of searching would answer. Anyway, no offense meant.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I'm not making fun of anybody in particular. I do it less than I used to, but from time to time I'll make fun of a few things on this board, viz. how people do tend to post the same questions and to post questions that a little bit of searching would answer. Anyway, no offense meant.
    You should do it more. Offending people is fun.