Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Have A Great Sizzling 4th Of July Detroit!

Be careful out there in all of that heat and don't do anything crazy with the fireworks! This is the first real heatwave [[temps well into the 90s) Detroit has had in a couple of years, so I know all the water parks & beaches will be jacked up as many people probably forgot what this type of air feels like [[could last at least throguh Wednesday and maybe as long as Friday).

Also remember this is the day we celebrate when our great country officially marked its independence from Britain.

I second what 313WX said. I hope everyone enjoys a safe July 4th, whether in Detroit or elsewhere.

Also, thanks to all those men and women in uniform, past and present, that gave their lives for our freedom. And thanks to all the non-military personnel that support our military and have also given their time and efforts to protecting our freedoms.

Happy 4th of July fellow forumers! Enjoy this beautiful day and be careful.

Hot, humid, Fourth at the park. Aroma of hot dogs, chicken and ribs on the grills; suntan lotion at the beach. Missing: Ernie Harwell, calling the baseball game...

Happy Birthday to my neighbours to the south. : )

Popping bombastic holiday shells illicited a loud woooooo from me last night. Thanks for the colorfull dispays neighbors!